Not open for further replies.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
...in Ramona?

spikethebest said:
yea i have a place called Red Barn Feed store. I will inquire with them! thanks for the idea.

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
I don't know if this would work, but you could try securing a box to the top of a floor jack (if you have one). Most jacks have a removable disk that is used to hold up the car, and a bolt from a home improvement store could be easily fit through the floor of a box and the hole in the jack, and then secured with a washer and nut. (Put the washer and nut facing down so the tort doesn't get punctured.) The hardware should cost less than $7. That way you'd just let the tort walk into the box, wheel him where he needs to go, jack him up to a manageable height, and remove the bolt to slide him in. I once used a floor jack to move an 8 x 12 shed across my yard, so I know they can manage well enough rolling in grass under a load if need be. (Though placing boards under the wheels makes the job SO much easier.)

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
100lbs is just a 2 man lift. 2 people are a safer bet than a hoist. Git R Dun.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
so i think i have decided to go with a super heavy duty extra large dog carrier, and a wagon to wheel it around. and as webskipper mentioned, a 2 person lift to get her in and out.

best idea?

dreadyA said:
Is this to transport littlefoot to the Pomona expo?

it surely is!

Barb92083

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
spikethebest said:
so i think i have decided to go with a super heavy duty extra large dog carrier, and a wagon to wheel it around. and as webskipper mentioned, a 2 person lift to get her in and out.

best idea?

dreadyA said:
Is this to transport littlefoot to the Pomona expo?

it surely is!

I bought a garden wagon at home depot 80 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.