Tortzilla???

TanksMom

Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento Valley
Hi, have some new and "interesting" behavior happening with my TURDY/Tank........
I think that head bobbing can be about breathing (which I'm doubting it involves in this case), mating, being "alpha"..... So I am baffled around my boys sudden usage of this behavior. He seems to now have some conflict or "desire to mate" with, primarily, my hubbie's sneakers and I guess, consequently, my sneakers (yard work shoes). He charges and starts neck extended head bobs at the shoe(s) and either test bites or bumps (and not mini bumps I might add) and if we walk away he "chases" us. Then if we leave for a bit he "forgets" momentarily but then becomes Tankzilla again. He has been in my life for over 10 years now and this is a first. Hubby said it has happened once before but that was when Daisy (another DT - female) was alive. Best assumption there was that he was answering the call to mate and was hearing "boom chicka wow wow" music in his head LOL.
This has now been going on for a few days and it is really beginning to concern us as he is becoming more aggressive.....