Torty's test reults

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
Had Torty's second feces test done today. Good news, the first test showed a lot of worms and I mean a lot so we gave 2 dosages of Panasure over two weeks and today's results showed very little worms, maybe just 2-3 tops. So we will continue with the Panacure for another two weeks.
My only concern is that his weight has dropped from 88 grams to around 80-82 grams. Should I be converned? He is still very active, eats very well and the feces test does not show anything else. Please advise.

Luvthemtorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast
Nothing to worry about as weights can fluctuate depending on several factors.
If you want to get a more accurate weight, soak the animal before feeding as this promotes defecation and weigh after it has had a bowel movement. By following the same procedure before each weighing you will get more accurate and consistant results.

samstar

5 Year Member
Luvthemtorts said:
Nothing to worry about as weights can fluctuate depending on several factors.
If you want to get a more accurate weight, soak the animal before feeding as this promotes defecation and weigh after it has had a bowel movement. By following the same procedure before each weighing you will get more accurate and consistant results.

Thanks, thats exactly what I did before and today. Took the weights.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:) congrats at getting the worm count lowered. Like was said before, I would not worry at this time about the little weight loss, as so many simple factors could have made this difference (such as if he completely defecated everything out the first time you weighed or maybe drank more water, ect). Just continue to keep track, your doing fine. :D

samstar

5 Year Member
Thanks. I gave it panacure 3 days ago and was told to give it in exactly 2 weeks. Hopefully after that all the worms would have cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.