Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pueblo West
Well it was an interesting day everyone was at the vet
here are the results
Yerdel is a female 560 grams (498g at last visit)
Myrtle is a female 541 grams
Elvis (aka Gertie) is a male 590 grams

Myrtle is loaded with pin worms and Elvis a few all 3 are being dewormed
Myrtle needs to gain a little weight other 2 are good

So when we got home hubby called Petsmart and happened to talk to the district manager, we where reimbursed for our vet visit and also got 30$ back on the price of Myrtle
all in all a very good day!!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Sounds like it! congrats on the mostly healthy check ups.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Sounds pretty good to me. Just wondering, how does the vet know the males from females? Just wondering as I have notice lots of vets hardly no one species from the next.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
We checked the pastrons (sp) the male is concave and is really obvious, females are flat he also looked at the length of tail and he looked at the pastron at the front of the body directly under the head.

Phobi

5 Year Member
Columbia, MO
GOOD FOR YOU GUYS! Im happy you got your babies checked, poor lil guys :(
Im also happy Petsmart owned up to you guys :) Makes me like petsmart alittle more...

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
Glad they were seen and in a new home being taken care of and loved.

Rogue

5 Year Member
Centennial, CO
Other than the owrms, great news! They all seem to be of healthy weight.

Did you happen to get the name of the district manager? The "manager" at my Petsmart (Park Meadows) said he'd get back to me after he spoke to corporate before deciding if he wanted to reimburse me for the fecal and worm meds. I don't believe he plans on calling back.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
it was hubby who talked to her and he said he cant remember the name SORRY!
keep on them, this gal called my vet to verify with him what my hubby told her and then paid the bill.
hope you have some luck

Rogue said:

Did you happen to get the name of the district manager? The "manager" at my Petsmart (Park Meadows) said he'd get back to me after he spoke to corporate before deciding if he wanted to reimburse me for the fecal and worm meds. I don't believe he plans on calling back.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Great news, (good that the torts are getting treatment for the worms) and YAY for Petsmart reimbursing you for the vet costs and giving you a price reduction for one of the tortoises. :)

@Rogue, I recommend going there to the store in person, they are less likely to try to shoo you away or ignore your calls. :) Good luck to you!

Rogue said:

Rogue

5 Year Member
Centennial, CO
biochemnerd808 said:
@Rogue, I recommend going there to the store in person, they are less likely to try to shoo you away or ignore your calls. :) Good luck to you!

I called the manager back, and he actually agreed to reimburse me the entire vet visit (exam, fecal, panacur) - $82 total. I was only asking for reimbursement for the fecal exam and meds. So it's nice all the stores are somewhat consistent in their policy at the end of the day.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
Yea!! thats great glad to hear you got it back

Rogue said:
biochemnerd808 said:

I called the manager back, and he actually agreed to reimburse me the entire vet visit (exam, fecal, panacur) - $82 total. I was only asking for reimbursement for the fecal exam and meds. So it's nice all the stores are somewhat consistent in their policy at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.