Tortoise sitter? Is this a crazy idea?

Chasen

Location (City and/or State)
Galveston
So, I've decided that I don't want to put my little one thru endless days of travel with my fast approaching relocation. Is it a crazy idea to think that maybe there is someone in Southern Ca that would tort sit for me? I would then just ship once and pick him up in the fall. I will pay for the new enclosure and obviously for the care. Anybody interested? Otherwise, I guess I'll be rehoming him. Thanx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh man. . . don't re-home him. After all you've been through to get him up and running that would be such a shame. I'm not in the 'rescue' business anymore, but if you want to ship him to me I'll care for him until you can get him. It's a leopard, right? Since I don't rescue anymore, I have space to add another enclosure and he can be kept separate until you claim him. I'm in Central California, five or six hours from SoCal.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I decided years ago to not bring new tortoises onto my ranch due to quarantine reasons, and just be happy with what I've already got. This being the case, I can't help, but hopefully someone out here with a single tortoise or a smaller collection wouldn't mind helping out. I'll ask some friends if they'd be interested. I'd like to see your baby stay with you after all the hard work you put in rescuing him from a rough start.

How soon do you need to place him?

This reply will bump your thread back to the top for more eyes on it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh man. . . don't re-home him. After all you've been through to get him up and running that would be such a shame. I'm not in the 'rescue' business anymore, but if you want to ship him to me I'll care for him until you can get him. It's a leopard, right? Since I don't rescue anymore, I have space to add another enclosure and he can be kept separate until you claim him. I'm in Central California, five or six hours from SoCal.
That's an excellent and very kind offer Yvonne and the tort would certainly be in great hands.
I would take you up on your offer in a heartbeat!!

Chasen

Galveston
Thank you thank you thank you!! I know he would be in excellent hands with you. It's a 6 hr drive to Clovis, but I could make it part of a trip up north. I would to ship him to you anytime next month when you are ready. I start dismantling my place May 1st to be on the road by the 15th. I'll pm you my phone number.

Chasen

Galveston
I decided years ago to not bring new tortoises onto my ranch due to quarantine reasons, and just be happy with what I've already got. This being the case, I can't help, but hopefully someone out here with a single tortoise or a smaller collection wouldn't mind helping out. I'll ask some friends if they'd be interested. I'd like to see your baby stay with you after all the hard work you put in rescuing him from a rough start.

How soon do you need to place him?

This reply will bump your thread back to the top for more eyes on it.
Thank you Tom!!! I am starting to put my stuff in storage on the 1st of May, so anytime in April.