Tortoise sale laws in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvztigger

5 Year Member
I am aware that FDA bans the sale of turtles/tortoises under 4'' by a commercial business. My question is how about private sales? I would like to have a baby red foot shipped to me by an individual in So Cal, but am not sure if private sales are the exceptions. Any one has had any experience with this? anyone knows of a reputable breeder in So Cal?
:tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hopefully someone will give us a quote of the text, but it specifically exempts hobby breeders.

SoCal isn't the best environment for them. Too dry here, but it can be done with great care, effort and expense. They do better in more humid environments.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Btw, Tom is a breeder. If you are interested, you can send him a private message (pm). He breeds some of the healthiest, smooth shell baby sulcatas you'll ever see. I only wish I knew of him before I got my sullies.

Sorry Tom for promoting your babies, but word of mouth is one of the best ways people get to know what's really out there.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Im in So. Cal. and have redfoot hatchlings, I just sold 10 and have 5 left. N2TORTS is also in So. Cal and Im sure he has some redfoot or cherryhead hatchlings available. My redfoots do fine here If you need anything pm me

luvztigger

5 Year Member
sibi said:
Btw, Tom is a breeder. If you are interested, you can send him a private message (pm). He breeds some of the healthiest, smooth shell baby sulcatas you'll ever see. I only wish I knew of him before I got my sullies.

Sorry Tom for promoting your babies, but word of mouth is one of the best ways people get to know what's really out there.

Thanks so much. Will PM him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.