TORTOISE RESCUE NETWORK

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Wow, I can see I've missed a lot here in the past few days.

Dillon, I no longer like your attitude, and frankly what you're doing through PMs to me and Kim could be considered harassment. Your mom has yet to even send me the $100 for Lumpy, and I'm willing to let that go if you leave us alone and never contact us again. I'm done with this. I have more important things to do than debate with a 14 year-old who is obviously used to getting whatever he wants. I'm not your mom. Stop bugging me. If you really want to get more tortoises, find another way to do it. TRN is closed to you for ANY future adoptions, including smaller species, because I AM DONE WITH THE PESTERING, DEBATING, AND PM HARASSMENT. KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!

jtrux

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
shellysmom said:

Dillon, I no longer like your attitude, and frankly what you're doing through PMs to me and Kim could be considered harassment. Your mom has yet to even send me the $100 for Lumpy, and I'm willing to let that go if you leave us alone and never contact us again. I'm done with this. I have more important things to do than debate with a 14 year-old who is obviously used to getting whatever he wants. I'm not your mom. Stop bugging me. If you really want to get more tortoises, find another way to do it. TRN is closed to you for ANY future adoptions, including smaller species, because I AM DONE WITH THE PESTERING, DEBATING, AND PM HARASSMENT. KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!

Geez Erika, you're soo mean. Lol, just kidding. How's the boxie you took in?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Erika: If you have Dillon's address, I think you should send a letter to his mom asking for her assistance in keeping Dillon in line.

And Dillon:

A 100lb sulcata can't live in your bedroom. These large tortoises must be placed in homes where they can live outside. TRN is trying to do a good thing for tortoises, and satisfying human needs isn't even a consideration. If you enjoy being on the forum, I suggest you cool it with the PM harassment.

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
shellysmom said:

So now TRN is closed to me? Just making sure I got that coorect. And no, I dont always get what I want.

emysemys said:
Erika: If you have Dillon's address, I think you should send a letter to his mom asking for her assistance in keeping Dillon in line.

And Dillon:

A 100lb sulcata can't live in your bedroom. These large tortoises must be placed in homes where they can live outside. TRN is trying to do a good thing for tortoises, and satisfying human needs isn't even a consideration. If you enjoy being on the forum, I suggest you cool it with the PM harassment.

So now you are suggesting she harass me at home?

And frankly, before you go straight to my mom, maybe TRY to get me to stop first? This is the first I have been accused of harassment or asked to stop. I plan on stopping.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am glad to hear your going to stop. I believe if you stop, nobody will or should be contacting your Mother.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Dillon, yes, TRN is closed to you for any further adoptions. There is no need for anyone to contact your mom if you keep your word to not pester me or Kim anymore about adopting another tortoise. I hope you can use this opportunity to reflect on what has happened here, and use it as a lesson in social graces. It will no doubt help you in the future.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
2012-12-12_09.40.27.jpg2012-12-12_09.40.55.jpg2012-12-11 13.20.39.jpg2012-12-10 12.58.50.jpgSome of you may or may not know...i picked this redfoot (Ruben) up for TRN.. he was in cramped conditions..i fostered him for a few weeks.. in that time i never knew it was possible, i never really looked at redfoots, they just werent my thing...i tried to keep my distance, i was looking to purchase a Russian, i had a love for them...i gave myself a time limit on what i was going to do, as the days went by it got harder and harder..my husband started really getting attached...he tolld me i really didnt have to let him go because he liked ruben, he said he is really sociable and is very comfortable here.. I allow Ruben to roam my home, when he started comming when i called for him and started following me around the house i just knew we had a bond. I couldnt imagine not. Having. Him around..i have fallen in love with this guy..he truly has found his forever home..so with that said i will be keeping Ruben with me...and believe me. He has a very good home...

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What a beautiful story. I'm so glad for Ruben and you.

I'm so happy for all of you. Ruben is beautiful and so cute. i'm so happy I posted twice:-D

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Awesome! I am always happy to hear the great stories of TRN rescues. I hope to hear more about Ruben!

Awesome! I am always happy to hear the great stories of TRN rescues. I hope to hear more about Ruben!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Ruben is so cute! I wonder how many you will fall in love with.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
mainey34 said:
Some of you may or may not know...i picked this redfoot (Ruben) up for TRN.. he was in cramped conditions..i fostered him for a few weeks.. in that time i never knew it was possible, i never really looked at redfoots, they just werent my thing...i tried to keep my distance, i was looking to purchase a Russian, i had a love for them...i gave myself a time limit on what i was going to do, as the days went by it got harder and harder..my husband started really getting attached...he tolld me i really didnt have to let him go because he liked ruben, he said he is really sociable and is very comfortable here.. I allow Ruben to roam my home, when he started comming when i called for him and started following me around the house i just knew we had a bond. I couldnt imagine not. Having. Him around..i have fallen in love with this guy..he truly has found his forever home..so with that said i will be keeping Ruben with me...and believe me. He has a very good home...

I only have one thing to say to that. Sucker. sorry couldn't help it. enjoy him

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, I have some questions about how this actually works.

Let's take "Dude" as an example. He is for sale for $175. Let's say the owner is willing to let him go without the supplies for $100. And Jacqui wants the tortoise. So we give out $100 to the owner then another $65 to ship the tortoise to Jacqui. Where does this money come from. If Jacqui decides she wants to be the permanent owner, does she have to come up with the $165?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's probably a Texas tortoise. The desert tortoises usually aren't that black and if they pyramid, it also makes them look flat because of MBD. The Texas tortoises pyramid quite easily. And, it's illegal to sell them.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
I don't think so. She wants $80 "for the tank and the tort is free". If it was an AZ DT I think you are allowed one or two and you can give them away but not sell them. If its a TX tort I don't think I can do anything with it..I have a friend looking for an AZ DT but this doesn't seem to be it. I guess Mainey started another thread about him that I didn't see. Someone said you also have to have a permit to have them.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
If you want an az dt contact az fish and game. They adopt out hundreds and there is a process you have to go through to get one but it isn't unreasonable. Just have to show you have an appropriate enclosure and know about their care requirements and show that you don't already have one.