Tortoise lockdown due to the cold

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's supposed to get down to 52 tonight. And into the 50s tomorrow and Tuesday as well.
I've gathered up the 4 Redfoot living outside and shoved them 2 by 2 into the two night houses with twin 100 watt CHE.
Because I know that they don't know what's best for them, I've placed a cinder block in front of each door flap. It should keep them inside and probably also aid in the wind draft.
The plan is to let them out late tomorrow morning for some sun, then put them back again tomorrow and Tuesday evening.
This will be the first time I've done this instead of bringing them inside my heated (can be) sun room.
Hopefully they'll be ok.
50 really isn't very cold.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
It's supposed to get down to 52 tonight. And into the 50s tomorrow and Tuesday as well.
I've gathered up the 4 Redfoot living outside and shoved them 2 by 2 into the two night houses with twin 100 watt CHE.
Because I know that they don't know what's best for them, I've placed a cinder block in front of each door flap. It should keep them inside and probably also aid in the wind draft.
The plan is to let them out late tomorrow morning for some sun, then put them back again tomorrow and Tuesday evening.
This will be the first time I've done this instead of bringing them inside my heated (can be) sun room.
Hopefully they'll be ok.
50 really isn't very cold.
It sounds snuggly to me, but I'm curious. Why did you change your method? The sunroom was tort tested and approved...just doing a clinical study? ;):tort:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
We need updated pictures of the Wild Child, I bet he's big now.