Tortoise House - 4' x 2' Clearview Front

HankTT

2a6m8vk.jpg

This is my Russians (Hank) indoor enclosure. With some help, I made this all from one sheet of plywood, a piece of plexi-glass, some cage wire and hinges. It measures 4 feet wide, 2 deep, 1 tall.

What do you think?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
My very first thought is where is the waterdish? Does he have a hide he can escape into?

HankTT

I actually have something he could use for water, a little bath thing. I do not keep water in for him though, do you think I should? I soak in the mornings every other day

And no, there is no "hide" in his enclosure.

HankTT

I just added his water bath :)

I was always divided whether or not he needed/wanted this

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Other folks have different opinions, but me, myself, I think both things are requirements. I am a firm believer in the tortoise being able to make his own choices and know his own needs. I also think they stress when not allowed the option of going into a hide or avoiding things like lights.

M

Maggie Cummings

I actually have something he could use for water, a little bath thing. I do not keep water in for him though, do you think I should? I soak in the mornings every other day

And no, there is no "hide" in his enclosure.
They need a hide to feel protected and safe in. You are streessing out your tortoise because he has no hide....