Tortoise health

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterandwaffl3s

5 Year Member
hey guys, so just a couple days ago i noticed that waffles was making a little bubble from one of his nostrils and was opening his mouth, he went to bask and i was worried sick he wasnt going to make it through the night. but when he stopped basking he stopped doing it and has since been more active then i have ever seen him and is eating more enthusiastically, its been about five days since then and i havent seen anything else to lead me to believe he is unhealthy, is there any precautions i should take and has this sort of thing happened to anyone else where its come on out of nowhere then just stopped?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The first part of your post sounded like respiratory infection. Then I kept reading and it sounded like over heating. As long as the tortoise seems fine now, don't worry about it. You sometimes see a few bubbles for no reason.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
maybe he had something stuck in his nostril and then it came loose and out....then vvvrrrrooooommmmm he took off feeling better? I too would keep an eye on him just to make sure all stays aok :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Not sure what kind of tort you have or how old he is, but make sure he has a cool side of the enclosure to retreat to, and gets soaked regularly.
Otherwise, does sound transient, luckily.

Status
Not open for further replies.