PLEASE HELP. (closed eyes)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
in the first pic there are 2 hides pictured but the third i put into the temporary one, the hide is that rock thing in the bottom right corner. i’ll lower the water pool as well. There is moist sphagnum moss inside of all of the hides too. I used the rock one because it was the hide it used the most.
Hi Drewry! 🙋‍♀️
Just wanted to say you’re doing a great job!
Keep listening to the posts and recommendations.
We will help you get to your “happy place “
VERY soon if you do.
All the comments you are getting are to help you. Please don’t get discouraged.
Which is easy to do….
You’ll get it. Trust me! (I finally did)
Just hang in there and keep asking questions!!!!!
All the best for you and your tortoise.
By the way, HE IS A CUTIE PIE!!! 😍

Ps- I am just lurking because you already have all the pros answering your questions.
❤️🙏🍀

drewey

Eatonville
Hi Drewry! 🙋‍♀️
Just wanted to say you’re doing a great job!
Keep listening to the posts and recommendations.
We will help you get to your “happy place “
VERY soon if you do.
All the comments you are getting are to help you. Please don’t get discouraged.
Which is easy to do….
You’ll get it. Trust me! (I finally did)
Just hang in there and keep asking questions!!!!!
All the best for you and your tortoise.
By the way, HE IS A CUTIE PIE!!! 😍

Ps- I am just lurking because you already have all the pros answering your questions.
❤️🙏🍀
Thankyou so much for the advice and the support, and thankyou for the good wishes, I think i’ll need it

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
in the first pic there are 2 hides pictured but the third i put into the temporary one, the hide is that rock thing in the bottom right corner. i’ll lower the water pool as well. There is moist sphagnum moss inside of all of the hides too. I used the rock one because it was the hide it used the most.
Moss will be eaten and it should not be used. It can cause impaction.

Donna Albu

5 Year Member
Peoria, Maricopa County, AZ
Remove the sphagnum moss. They will eat it and it causes impaction. If it is nice and warm where you are (ie 85+ and very sunny, and, if you have one, use a tupperware type container temporarily to house him until he is feeling better. Use smooth dish towels, soaked to dripping, for the substrate. Put it where it will stay 90 - 100 degrees in the daytime, with the lid closed. The greenhouse is best, but while you're searching and waiting for it, the closed container is a good substitute (basically, a bigger brooder box). Improvise with aluminum foil + the CHE when it is not warm enough outside o keep him warm. Heavy duty is best. You can put food directly on the towel. He'll need a shallow water dish, a small plant saucer or even the top of a tupperware lid.

I don't know how most breeders operate, but, when any of my babies go to a new home, they go with a copy of Tom's care sheet, the identity of this forum, and a STRONG recommendation that the new parent join.

drewey

Eatonville
Remove the sphagnum moss. They will eat it and it causes impaction. If it is nice and warm where you are (ie 85+ and very sunny, and, if you have one, use a tupperware type container temporarily to house him until he is feeling better. Use smooth dish towels, soaked to dripping, for the substrate. Put it where it will stay 90 - 100 degrees in the daytime, with the lid closed. The greenhouse is best, but while you're searching and waiting for it, the closed container is a good substitute (basically, a bigger brooder box). Improvise with aluminum foil + the CHE when it is not warm enough outside o keep him warm. Heavy duty is best. You can put food directly on the towel. He'll need a shallow water dish, a small plant saucer or even the top of a tupperware lid.

I don't know how most breeders operate, but, when any of my babies go to a new home, they go with a copy of Tom's care sheet, the identity of this forum, and a STRONG recommendation that the new parent join.
I have been trying to let him outside as much as I can but that’s still really not a lot because I live in Washington, but to combat that i’ve been using a heat lamp to give him the extra heat he needs. I have since fixed the sphagnum moss and water dish situation along with the uvb lights. The vets told me the soonest I can get in is July 9th:(