Tortoise fever! :D

I totally have tortoise fever. I dream of having lots of land filled with various kinds of tortoises! Ha! :)
My sulcata is doing wonderfully! I have put a stop to the the minor pyramiding that he had when I first got him and He is now living happily outside In a sectioned off part of our yard where he eats all his heart desires! :)
Now that I feel like I've got the hang of this tortoise care thang, I would so love to add another!
I've been looking at either a leopard, Indian star, or an Egyptian. I REALLY love the Egyptians! Any thoughts? :D

phebe121

Im right with you on the fever part leopards are the way to go i love mine and now i got the hang of it od say there easy to take care of

Attachments

• CAM00865.jpg
    CAM00865.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 19

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
They are pretty! Egyptian torts do get a bit smaller, though, so if you're looking to make your yard into prehistoria :p leopards are soooo pretty! I'd love to have one someday :D

phebe121

It was luck i got my leopards free but they had issues with never having a soak n pyramiding not eatting the right
Stuff.but now there smoothing out and starting to look amazing i want a aldabra so bad im in love with them

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Whatever you decide to get, make sure you have plenty of yard space so you can separate the yard into different habitats. Not a good idea to mix species of tortoises.