Tortoise fell off and not eating anything

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yes, I have
Get your daytime ambient up to around 95F and keep it 85-90 at night, and the RI should clear up within a few days. Soak the tortoise daily during this time and keep the enclosure humid. Keep the soak water warm for the entire 40 minute soak. You can put soaking tub inside the enclosure to keep it warm.

pritesh123

India
Hello,
My tortoise is now sitting in a good temperature.
And I gave him water, he drank but then he spilled few drops and continuously looking upward.

pritesh123

India
Should I be giving tortoise water during RI?
Bcz as soon as he drinks water it starts coming out of his nose and mouth drop by drop and the same time he pulls his neck out and keep his head upwards.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Should I be giving tortoise water during RI?
Bcz as soon as he drinks water it starts coming out of his nose and mouth drop by drop and the same time he pulls his neck out and keep his head upwards.
You don't need to "give" the tortoise water. The tortoise should have a shallow water dish sunk into the substrate in its enclosure, so it can drink when it wants to. You should also be soaking the tortoise in warm water several times per week.

pritesh123

India
You don't need to "give" the tortoise water. The tortoise should have a shallow water dish sunk into the substrate in its enclosure, so it can drink when it wants to. You should also be soaking the tortoise in warm water several times per week.
Yes, I have put a dish and he is drinking whenever he wants.
And he just now drank water from it and it's like he is vomiting it out from mouth and nose, but he was fine before.
Even after this he continues drinking water.
I am really worried and sad that he is in pain 😔.

Mikki

Spring Hill, Fl
Hello everyone,
I'm new to tortoise form.
I'm putting my concern here.
My tortoise fell off stairs and he is not eating anything, he sleeps all the time, sometimes he suddenly starts moving. Today I was giving him water but it came out of his nose and mouth. I'm really scared and I don't any tortoise vet.
Please help me here.
Is your tortoise doing better now? I read all the comments and saw its possible your tortoise has a respiratory infection. Just wanted to ask about an update...