tortoise eyes

Manish MAthew

Location (City and/or State)
INDIA
I am also having the same problem with my tortoise. i am also having two star babies tortoise. Since yesterday i noticed a white layer around one of my tort's eyes. Its there in both of its eyes. I am damn so scared so i put both tort separately. But should i do now remove those layers and what precautions should I take so that afterwards it doesnt come back to them.
Here is the picture of it.

IMG-20160929-WA0035.jpg IMG-20160929-WA0036.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That just means your baby is being kept too dry.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Humidity and twice a day soakings. Too dry can be dangerous. @Tom can fill you in on temps and humidity.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am also having the same problem with my tortoise. i am also having two star babies tortoise. Since yesterday i noticed a white layer around one of my tort's eyes. Its there in both of its eyes. I am damn so scared so i put both tort separately. But should i do now remove those layers and what precautions should I take so that afterwards it doesnt come back to them.
Here is the picture of it.

We need to know more about how you are housing them. Can we see a pic of the enclosure?

Manish MAthew

INDIA
I don't use any UVB light. i had just kept him under the sunlight and it has coco coir in its enclosure. As I am living in India and it is kept under the sunlight only so i didn't put any UVB light. So what should I do now..?? Should I soak it..?

Manish MAthew

INDIA
this is my star tortoise enclosure.

Attachments

• IMG-20160908-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20160908-WA0005.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 16

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Whatever your condition in whatever country:
Soak him once a day at least. Buy the thermometer + hygrometer to let you know the temperature and humidity inside the enclosure.
Humidity should be 80% at minimal. Temperature should be 82F or 28C at minimal.
Make it happens and you should be have very minimal tort's health problem.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
images

This is example of the good enclosure. Closed one, not open top and have light to make heat gradient. Closed enclosure also let you create humidity easily