Horsefield tortoise eyes

Killerrookie

Hi just wanted to up date u , I have been to the pet shop and they were very apologetic and said it shouldn't of been sold to me and offer to replace it with another one. We now have a red footed tort that is beautiful and healthy. I would like to no what's the best lighting for her ?? Coz I want it will the best environment as possible I have a 60w basking light and a uvb bulb and reflector is this ok ?
Have you read the care sheet on how to care for a Red Foot? What's the humidity at in the enclosure? Is the bulb a coil bulb? Head to the Red Foot tortoise section to figure what the little guy needs and how big his enclosure needs to be on the forums. Nice to meet you!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hope the other one will get the care and attention it deserves, but so glad you've got a healthy one now, though time may tell it too has problems.
I hope not.
Sorry, that all sounded rather horrible and negative, let's look to a bright future.
Have a look at the redfoot tortoise section here for more info and particularly look at the care sheets pinned at the top. The enclosures section may also give you some good ideas.
What type of bulb did you get? Remember coil bulbs are dangerous.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Here is a good care sheet for Red Foots:

http://www.tortoiselibrary.com/species-information-2/chelonoidis/

Please keep in mind they need a high temperature high humidity environment. About 80 degrees with 80% humidity. They eat mostly greens however require protein every 2 weeks to a month, and fruit makes up about 15% of their diet.