Tort enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

petlover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles Area
Finished my new tort enclosure! Im using ecoearth for the substrate and have a humid hidey burie under the basking spot. It nowhere from done and is all temporary until we have to time to make a tort table but its looks pretty good if i do say so myself!!!

Attachments

• image-2083101802.png
    image-2083101802.png
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2372676748.png
    image-2372676748.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image-672048901.png
    image-672048901.png
    979.2 KB · Views: 53

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not bad.

Suggestions:
-That tank is much too small for that size tortoise to live in. If he just sleeps in there at night its fine, but if he's in there all day, its already too small.
-If you pack the eco earth down with your hand it will be a lot less messy.
-That hay is going to mold quickly on a damp substrate. I would take it out. If you want him to eat the hay then chop it up really fine, rehydrate it and mix it in with the greens. I don't recognize that type of hay, but it looks awfully coarse. I like bermuda hay the best, especially for youngsters.

He's starting to pyramid a little. Are you soaking daily and shell spraying?
What are you using for night heat?

petlover

5 Year Member
Los Angeles Area
Tom said:
Not bad.

Suggestions:
-That tank is much too small for that size tortoise to live in. If he just sleeps in there at night its fine, but if he's in there all day, its already too small.
-If you pack the eco earth down with your hand it will be a lot less messy.
-That hay is going to mold quickly on a damp substrate. I would take it out. If you want him to eat the hay then chop it up really fine, rehydrate it and mix it in with the greens. I don't recognize that type of hay, but it looks awfully coarse. I like bermuda hay the best, especially for youngsters.

He's starting to pyramid a little. Are you soaking daily and shell spraying?
What are you using for night heat?

He just sleeps in there usually, we take him out as much as possible. Thats a good idea about the hay (its timothy hay by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.