Tort aggression?

Jimbo0525

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I have a juvenile eastern hermanns, he lives indoors because I live at an apartment and as a way to get him to get more used to me and get him more area to walk I’ve been letting him walk around my room in an area that I wall off with my arms it’s a large area but if he try’s going under my bed or something I just lay my arm or leg there to make a wall, he has recently started head budding me when I do this. Is this aggression or just him being frustrated he can’t fully explore

Ps I’m looking into permanent small walls I can put up so I don’t have to do this

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It's cruel for people to keep a tortoise in the same way that would only be suitable for a kitten. If you have taken the time and care to read anything about how to properly keep your tortoise, you would already know that. Get your tortoise properly set up in his own suitable enclosure, please. Thank you.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I have a juvenile eastern hermanns, he lives indoors because I live at an apartment and as a way to get him to get more used to me and get him more area to walk I’ve been letting him walk around my room in an area that I wall off with my arms it’s a large area but if he try’s going under my bed or something I just lay my arm or leg there to make a wall, he has recently started head budding me when I do thisIs this aggression or just him being frustrated he can’t fully explore

Ps I’m looking into permanent small walls I can put up so I don’t have to do this
Gotta agree with @TammyJ here. Not an ideal situation for a Herman's or any other species for that matter. Probably a combination of both aggression and frustration. 😞

Jimbo0525

Wisconsin
It's cruel for people to keep a tortoise in the same way that would only be suitable for a kitten. If you have taken the time and care to read anything about how to properly keep your tortoise, you would already know that. Get your tortoise properly set up in his own suitable enclosure, please. Thank you.
I live in wisconsin at an apartment so outdoors can be an issue, I want to make sure his area is properly set up and if I can’t provide that I want to give him to a home that can, he is smaller then my palm currently how large of an enclosure should I be aiming for?

PollyAda

West Midlands, England
I live in wisconsin at an apartment so outdoors can be an issue, I want to make sure his area is properly set up and if I can’t provide that I want to give him to a home that can, he is smaller then my palm currently how large of an enclosure should I be aiming for?
You'll find this thread very helpful as it'll answer a lot of initial questions: