Toretto

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
He is packing on those pounds. Great Job!!!

Thanks Karen... probably didn’t hurt that he had such a great start either:) He was being a brat today due to the cold weather keeping him in... you know how he does[emoji6]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Toretto is officially moved outside full time now. He was a little scared of the plastic door on his box but is getting better with it now. He has spent a couple nights outside and I close and lock the door at 8pm and open it at 7am. He will come out on his own but has yet to go in on his own. We did make some progress tonight though.. I put him on his driveway and he climbed the ramp into the box[emoji16]. He sulked for a couples days but today seemed to be a turning point. He was eating voraciously again! He weighed in at 14lbs 7.3 oz today. He will be 3 this year in May.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Toretto is officially moved outside full time now. He was a little scared of the plastic door on his box but is getting better with it now. He has spent a couple nights outside and I close and lock the door at 8pm and open it at 7am. He will come out on his own but has yet to go in on his own. We did make some progress tonight though.. I put him on his driveway and he climbed the ramp into the box[emoji16]. He sulked for a couples days but today seemed to be a turning point. He was eating voraciously again! He weighed in at 14lbs 7.3 oz today. He will be 3 this year in May.
Well Done Heather. You did a fantastic job.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I also moved Opo outside about a week ago. He had a tunnel closed on one end but I built a insulated box the other day with plastic strip entrance. I put him in and after awhile he came out. Been to cold a few days here. So all day Opo just sits inside and looks out. I am happy that he realizes when it's to cold to be outside.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I also moved Opo outside about a week ago. He had a tunnel closed on one end but I built a insulated box the other day with plastic strip entrance. I put him in and after awhile he came out. Been to cold a few days here. So all day Opo just sits inside and looks out. I am happy that he realizes when it's to cold to be outside.

That’s cool. Did he pout when you first moved him? Toretto is such a ham... I am enjoying watching him learn his new routine. He’s really very smart..

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That’s cool. Did he pout when you first moved him? Toretto is such a ham... I am enjoying watching him learn his new routine. He’s really very smart..
I left the tunnel there also. When we had a few cool days. Opo would just sit at the edge of the tunnel under the CHE and just look around. Would go to the back of the tunnel around 5 PM and go to sleep. I had to take him out and put in the new box. After 2 nights of that I flipped the tunnel up. The next night he fell asleep in the flipped up tunnel. Today I took the tunnel away and Opo went in about 3 and just stared out the plastic. I put food out and he didn't move. I was talking to him. Opo finally turned his back to me. I think he was mad lol.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I left the tunnel there also. When we had a few cool days. Opo would just sit at the edge of the tunnel under the CHE and just look around. Would go to the back of the tunnel around 5 PM and go to sleep. I had to take him out and put in the new box. After 2 nights of that I flipped the tunnel up. The next night he fell asleep in the flipped up tunnel. Today I took the tunnel away and Opo went in about 3 and just stared out the plastic. I put food out and he didn't move. I was talking to him. Opo finally turned his back to me. I think he was mad lol.
Lol. Poor Opo.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Looking great there in Texas! Nice coloration.

Hey there. You might think of getting some course gravel and put enough in front of the house on both sides of the entrance so theres no “drop off”. A good type is No 2 gravel, will permit to easily drain, will pack down, but also provide a good solid base for Toretto to climb on and over. I know our Sully mozys over to his house, then kind of slithers slowly left or right then up in. The way your door is, u are making torty line up “straight” to go in.

This kind of stone is good...(and is cheap).
  • Crushed #2 Gravel. This primarily 1″ crushed, washed gravel with a top size of 1-1/2″ is often used for drainage around perforated pipe, under concrete slabs, and as a coarse driveway topping for soft, very muddy driveways.