Toretto

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Looking great there in Texas! Nice coloration.

Hey there. You might think of getting some course gravel and put enough in front of the house on both sides of the entrance so theres no “drop off”. A good type is No 2 gravel, will permit to easily drain, will pack down, but also provide a good solid base for Toretto to climb on and over. I know our Sully mozys over to his house, then kind of slithers slowly left or right then up in. The way your door is, u are making torty line up “straight” to go in.

This kind of stone is good...(and is cheap).
  • Crushed #2 Gravel. This primarily 1″ crushed, washed gravel with a top size of 1-1/2″ is often used for drainage around perforated pipe, under concrete slabs, and as a coarse driveway topping for soft, very muddy driveways.

I just saw this! It would have been my next move... if Toretto hadn’t proved how smart he is:)))

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Toretto actually lost some weight this week I believe due to the sulking and the change of his move. Also, the huge yard that provides him with much exercise. There were a couple days that he didn’t eat much but he got back on track a few days ago. The major news.... He went into his box randomly twice today. The first time, I thought he was missing and almost panicked before I thought to check the box... the second time, I put him in the middle of the yard and left him alone as a test.. he passed! When I went out to check on him, he was in the box!!!!! I’m a proud MOMMA!!!!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Toretto actually lost some weight this week I believe due to the sulking and the change of his move. Also, the huge yard that provides him with much exercise. There were a couple days that he didn’t eat much but he got back on track a few days ago. The major news.... He went into his box randomly twice today. The first time, I thought he was missing and almost panicked before I thought to check the box... the second time, I put him in the middle of the yard and left him alone as a test.. he passed! When I went out to check on him, he was in the box!!!!! I’m a proud MOMMA!!!!

Cool this is like passing tort university because that’s pretty much the most complicated thing we can expect our tortoise to do lol, congrats to you and toretto!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Great.....hopefully, you havent created a nice cozy spot underneath for slithery critters to hide!

I’m sure that I probably have... I am so used to that here that I didn’t think much about it... you don’t think it will be a danger to Toretto do you?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I would be a proud Momma as well.