Astrochely

5 Year Member
Hi guys,

This is my torts enclosure.

R9_zps9b3f9a9c.jpg

Front view

R10_zps7bf53cdf.jpg

Back view

Is this sufficient? Or should I add more space?

Thanks for viewing ;)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
More space is always better . If you got it I would say go for it .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The more room the better, especially with groups of tortoises. I would also add some visual barriers, like old logs or big rocks, or a few bushes in the middle of the enclosure. Does it get much sun? Where are you?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
First of all I'm jealous. Secondly more room is always a plus if you can provide it. If not then Toms suggestions of visual Barriers of some sort will help. Perhaps trimming up half of the palms will help a little with the available space.

Or is that fern trees? I can't tell. But trimming up every other one would increase the grass space.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If they're not fighting or eating the grass down to the nubs, it's probably big enough.

Welcome to the Forum!!

May we know where you are? The radiata isn't very common in the U.S., where most of us are based...just curious.

Astrochely

5 Year Member
Tom said:
The more room the better, especially with groups of tortoises. I would also add some visual barriers, like old logs or big rocks, or a few bushes in the middle of the enclosure. Does it get much sun? Where are you?
They will get morning sun from the front and evening sun from the back. But they seem to prefer shades better.

I'm from South East Asia. :)