Tonka!

Alecks

Location (City and/or State)
Oskaloosa
Tonka is a yearling RT rescue. I did not know he was going to be a rescue when I got him, but it turned out that way. When I got him, he was lethargic, dehydrated, had a fungus-type thing on his shell, and had an overgrown beak and claws. The first thing I did was get a chunk of slate in his enclosure. Then I misted his enclosure down. I put a shallow, flat-bottomed bowl in his enclose and filled the bowl with water so he could drink and self-soak. He then started eating on his own. The fungus thing went away, and Tonka is now a happy little boy. He is still shy, and we are working on that. But here are some pictures:
bfiw50h1ZC2rM55vbUyAbMs95UeN5Q-DQ_xxH1bFPgz_JzT5jag47r8e0g6Pa1s6-rIP-coNqfmn-1VEqYylxeFqAlEXJ89GS7fHT6PhFkhH2QIq2iXvfxDqgWH-HazYtGwLGKdK
8G856SBVUNKukSBWOnWkJ5hORHk-qM5BXFrHATOF4W5ufui_JQcOfjBY8CVjjvMFpo-s0xsqOv00_ZyP1Mg4t0ZoL7fNBmXMpTgsD8jAApCAfkuxNBMNQyG6Gh8o4npTGVPQ-3lz
8Ug4BetDfmB1xjUm38IavQMysH_HoGNBAJNRdNG4tFd9GFsgURhs85rDxHKvFXeNw1QTCgbWKzxcFL-Jz7jTuSIzzvF4J24vompezmOGGWL1he8v6dP7O0z4ZAGKtYj-QnTkcbid

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Tonka is a yearling RT rescue. I did not know he was going to be a rescue when I got him, but it turned out that way. When I got him, he was lethargic, dehydrated, had a fungus-type thing on his shell, and had an overgrown beak and claws. The first thing I did was get a chunk of slate in his enclosure. Then I misted his enclosure down. I put a shallow, flat-bottomed bowl in his enclose and filled the bowl with water so he could drink and self-soak. He then started eating on his own. The fungus thing went away, and Tonka is now a happy little boy. He is still shy, and we are working on that. But here are some pictures:
bfiw50h1ZC2rM55vbUyAbMs95UeN5Q-DQ_xxH1bFPgz_JzT5jag47r8e0g6Pa1s6-rIP-coNqfmn-1VEqYylxeFqAlEXJ89GS7fHT6PhFkhH2QIq2iXvfxDqgWH-HazYtGwLGKdK
8G856SBVUNKukSBWOnWkJ5hORHk-qM5BXFrHATOF4W5ufui_JQcOfjBY8CVjjvMFpo-s0xsqOv00_ZyP1Mg4t0ZoL7fNBmXMpTgsD8jAApCAfkuxNBMNQyG6Gh8o4npTGVPQ-3lz
8Ug4BetDfmB1xjUm38IavQMysH_HoGNBAJNRdNG4tFd9GFsgURhs85rDxHKvFXeNw1QTCgbWKzxcFL-Jz7jTuSIzzvF4J24vompezmOGGWL1he8v6dP7O0z4ZAGKtYj-QnTkcbid
I didn't know my little guy was going to be a rescue either but I'm sure glad I didn't send him back. Tonka isn't doing to bad cause he's acting like a normal little monkey in a tortoise shell. Russian ?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
He's lovely and has a good home now.
I would recommend getting his beak shortened for him to make eating easier and reduce pressure on it.
Maybe a vet visit this first time?