To give a leopard a bath ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rynke-mor

5 Year Member
:)

I was wondering :

How often do you give your leopards a bath ??

Here in Denmark it is almost a no-go to give turtles a bath - because many people think it will destroy their pooping - so they will only poop in the bath, and their stomachs and their intestines will not function without bathing them.

How often do you give your turles a bath.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I give mine a soak 4 -5 times a week they poop in the water and in the enclosure to I have never heard of it messig up thier stomachs or intestines

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
I try to soak my leos every day or every 2 days. It helps them stay hydrated. I have never heard anybody say that is would disturb their intestinal function.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Same here, I give my sully a soak every 2 days. In my opinion it helps there pooping, not hurt it. And it helps keep the habitat cleaner when they go in the bath. Have a good day!

Rynke-mor

5 Year Member

Thank you for all your answers.

Normally I bath my 2 leopards once a month - but now I will do it more often.

They seems to like it a lot - and if you don't think it is wrong - I will do like you do.

Thank you very much for your help :tort:

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I soak hatchlings every day. I'll probably keep that up until they are a year old.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I soak everyday for hatchlings also. On the occasion that I skip a day when they get a little older, they poop in their enclosures just fine.

Hydration is very important for babies of all tortoise species including the ones that are typically thought of as "desert" species. Once they get older and bigger, I gradually taper off the soaks. My adult tortoises get soaked once a week or so in the summer and once a month or less in the winter, but they always have clean drinking water available.

Rynke-mor

5 Year Member

Thank you for more good answers.

I hope this is not too bad to ask you, but :

Do your turtles poop every day - or every time they have a bath ??

My leopards only poops once a week or so - and it must be because it takes a while for the food to pass stomachs ??

Is it all right for them to poop almost every day ??

Don't they loose to many vitamins and so ??

I'm sorry for all my talking about poops - and hope it is not to embarassing for you ??

;)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Poops do not embarass me. In fact I think we should talk about poop more often here. :p

Mine will usually poop every day, or every other day. I'm not sure what type of affect on their vitamin absorbtion process pooping every day will have. We've discussed it here before, maybe you could do some searching and find something.

Rynke-mor

5 Year Member
Neal said:
Poops do not embarass me. In fact I think we should talk about poop more often here. :p

Mine will usually poop every day, or every other day. I'm not sure what type of affect on their vitamin absorbtion process pooping every day will have. We've discussed it here before, maybe you could do some searching and find something.

:D:D

Thank you for your kind answer about pooping - after all it is a normal thing to do.

I will try searching for some more about it - should I just search for pooping ??

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Start there and see where it takes you. Maybe "pooping too much".

Rynke-mor

5 Year Member
Neal said:
Start there and see where it takes you. Maybe "pooping too much".

:D

Thank you - I must try....

Neal ?

Would you please tell me the meaning of Ludicrous - which is under your name ??

That word I have never seen or heard before.... I think it might be an expert ??

Rynke-mor

5 Year Member
Neal said:
It basically means ridiculous. So, I like leopard tortoises so much it's ridiculous.

Here is a good visual of ludicrous:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk7VWcuVOf0[/youtube]

Definatley not an expert...the only ones I consider experts are my tortoises. :p

:D:D:D:D

Thank you so very much - then I must be just the same - I love my leopards too. :tort:

My one leopard did poop today, just before their bath - and the other made a tiny poop IN the bath.

I wonder how a leopard can make a poop as big as a Great Dane :cool::cool: - but mine do !

And it do not smell like parfume in my home, when they do it in their house !

:cool:

My one leopard did poop today, just before their bath - and the other made a tiny poop IN the bath.

I wonder how a leopard can make a poop as big as a Great Dane :cool::cool: - but mine do !

And it do not smell like parfume in my home, when they do it in their house !

:cool:
[/quote]

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Oregon
I give my guy a bath every day. Mostly because he is a really messy eater and he likes to poop in his bath. I think the bath pooping is a preference thing for him... he will go in his cage as well he just likes the bath better I guess.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
The only Tortoises of mine that get soaked are the ones that I can't find water bowls for them to get in and out of........

They know what water is, and what to do with it......Sometimes you need to let the animals be animals, and not treat them like they're incapable of performing life functions.....

Rynke-mor

5 Year Member
EricIvins said:
The only Tortoises of mine that get soaked are the ones that I can't find water bowls for them to get in and out of........

They know what water is, and what to do with it......Sometimes you need to let the animals be animals, and not treat them like they're incapable of performing life functions.....

:rolleyes:

Yes, as I wrote earlier it is not so welcome in Denmark to give a turle a bath - because after a while they only can poop in water ??

But letting them have water in their house (I don't have another word for their living space - what do you call it ?? ) - so the can take a bath themselves must be a good idea ??

In the nature, there are no human to give them a bath - and here in Denmark - those who have really a god point says :

:tort: *try to let them live as close to their natural habitats as possible* :tort:

I am not saying you are doing it wrong, please don't think so - there will allways be different ways to do what you think is the best for your turtles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.