To Be....Or Not To Be ....sick?

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Chef - I hope Sally is still doing well. I tried all sorts of ways to get the photos of Bonus posted, but no luck and I will wait till tomorrow now, in the hope someone has got it sorted by then. I would really like you to see them.
He was a sweetie.
Meanwhile, I am thinking how to make Zola's birthday hat for Thursday 8th - I always make a hat for him then. The weather has been pretty poor, and also our neighbours are having trees cut down by the boundary of our garden, so we don't want to go out for long anyway. We have just learned that the best and biggest tree, which is actually in our garden, has ash dieback, and will have to come down too, which is a real shame..
I am thinking of you and Sally - and Gary too - I'm glad he likes tv - Bonus liked to sit on Richard's arm and watch sport programmes in the evenings, while being fed an occasional mealworm - once Richard fell asleep briefly, and found he had gone -the room is rather cluttered, and we despaired of finding him - but he turned up hiding behind the piano ! Looking at us in a very cheeky way !
Photos to come when I can -meanwhile love from Angie xx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
@Chefdenoel10 @zolasmum @ZenHerper I have a feeling there is a restriction on pictures in this thread because it was started in the “Tortoise Forum Contests” section. @Yvonne G can you confirm if that’s why we are having issues posting pics in this thread? If so, is it possible to move it under Tortoise Health or Sulcata Tortoises?
Yes, sorry about that. I didn't realize the thread was in the wrong place until just a minute ago. I've since moved it. Pictures should work now.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I completely agree. My grandma is so wise. Visiting with her is one of my favourite things in the world. We have a very special bond and speak regularly. I’m very lucky to still have a grandma at my age. She really is the sweetest. I haven’t been able to be in the same room as her in over a year because of covid. I’m hoping things will improve here soon so I can see her and finally give her a hug. This past winter my parents had to go out to the home she lives in to do some paperwork (she lives about an hour away) and before my parents left, one of the workers at the home said my grandma asked to give them “this” and handed my parents a bag. Inside the bag was one of my grandma’s special angels. She has collected angels for many years and when she moved into the home where she lives now, she wasn’t able to take a lot with her, but she needed some of her angels. Well, she wanted me to have one of her last possessions and requested that I put it in Dozer’s enclosure to watch over him and keep him safe, happy and healthy. ? I was going to post a picture of where I have it in his enclosure, but it won’t let me attach a pic in this thread (I think it’s because this threat is in the Tortoise Forum Contests section).

Anyhow, I hope Sally made some progress today and that you’re getting some well needed rest and stress relief. I am just disgusted with what happened with the vet appointment being bumped and them not trying to make that situation right to compensate for their error. Brutal!!
Here is a picture of the angel I was talking about that my grandma gave me, to watch over Dozer. I made that hide for him and the top of it has turned into a nice spot to decorate. It’s the only place I could think of to put the angel where it would be close to him, but that he couldn’t get at.

3AA5BD32-F433-440B-98B2-79E9805CA4FB.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ok I think I can do my favorite toad picture. I save cans for recycling and I stick them out the back door in bags until I feel like crushing them. I had a couple of bags and got up the gumption to do it. Imagine the delight when I picked up the top bag and this little fella was chillin...0625191616.jpg

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Ok I think I can do my favorite toad picture. I save cans for recycling and I stick them out the back door in bags until I feel like crushing them. I had a couple of bags and got up the gumption to do it. Imagine the delight when I picked up the top bag and this little fella was chillin...View attachment 328606
He’s so tiny and cute! That line going down his back is interesting too. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Dear Chef - I hope Sally is still doing well. I tried all sorts of ways to get the photos of Bonus posted, but no luck and I will wait till tomorrow now, in the hope someone has got it sorted by then. I would really like you to see them.
He was a sweetie.
Meanwhile, I am thinking how to make Zola's birthday hat for Thursday 8th - I always make a hat for him then. The weather has been pretty poor, and also our neighbours are having trees cut down by the boundary of our garden, so we don't want to go out for long anyway. We have just learned that the best and biggest tree, which is actually in our garden, has ash dieback, and will have to come down too, which is a real shame..
I am thinking of you and Sally - and Gary too - I'm glad he likes tv - Bonus liked to sit on Richard's arm and watch sport programmes in the evenings, while being fed an occasional mealworm - once Richard fell asleep briefly, and found he had gone -the room is rather cluttered, and we despaired of finding him - but he turned up hiding behind the piano ! Looking at us in a very cheeky way !
Photos to come when I can -meanwhile love from Angie xx

OOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Bonus IS SOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!! ?
I would just have carried him on my shoulder ALL DAY! ?
NOW I know why you loved him so much.
He looks pretty healthy to me.
You must have been doing a fantastic job with his care.
I can only assume he “stepped out” for awhile because of his age.
There is no way in the world he was unhappy. You did your very best!! ♥️
And it showed!

Now onto Zola...
her hat... do you knit?
Or maybe a nice piece of wrapping paper folded into a cone?
And sparkles ✨... don’t forget to add sparkles!
Maybe NOT glitter.. as it is everyone’s enime!!!?
We also don’t want Zola to eat it off of the floor by chance...

The big beautiful tree : what is ash dieback?
I am very bad with plants ,trees and shrubbery. Sorry about that...
But maybe there will be a lot more sun to come into your garden?
Or you could plant more tortoise friendly plants?
Or ... ??
A nice big gazebo? To hide from the neighbors wandering eyes??? Lol

To you and Zola, I am always wondering how you are across the pond.. it must be so nice. A little wet sometimes but nice non the less....
Here in the states you could have the chance of all four seasons delt to you in ONE WEEK!! Snow, rain,cold,hot...
I now just tell people that Mother Nature is going through menopause..?

It was cute that you said Bonus liked sports channels ?
He would have been great at soccer I am thinking?? I would LOVE to see more photos of Bonus, Zola and you !!
Does Zola get to see the tv?
Or is she more of an out-doorzie kinda gal?

As for the piano and Bonus— maybe he was waiting for you to play him a song?
Do you play the piano??
I do! ? (not great but I learned by ear what I know.) I am old now but I used to ply all sorts of stuff, now I can’t remember any of it! It’s so sad.. but I stuck to my guns and relearned my favorites. This time I will not forget !!
Hoping you are having a wonderful night Angie.. thank you again for thinking of us and I look forward to seeing A LOT more pictures in the future!! ??❤️?

I have to find some cute old pics of Gary and Sally to post within the next few days..
As I am going to see my neighbor in the hospital tomorrow..my mind is everywhere.
it’s about to explode ?.
Best wishes for a wonderful day my friend.
❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes, sorry about that. I didn't realize the thread was in the wrong place until just a minute ago. I've since moved it. Pictures should work now.

Thank you so much Yvonne.
I didn’t mean to be a total dope when I started this thread. I just saw the place where it says “start a new thread”.
Soooo... I did... ?
Thanks for cleaning up my mess—AGAIN.
❤️?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Here is a picture of the angel I was talking about that my grandma gave me, to watch over Dozer. I made that hide for him and the top of it has turned into a nice spot to decorate. It’s the only place I could think of to put the angel where it would be close to him, but that he couldn’t get at.

View attachment 328574

PERFECT!!!!
That WAS the best spot!
and it’s so colorful too!!!
Maybe that will teach Dozer (Bozo-?)
to say his prayers before bed?
?