To Be....Or Not To Be ....sick?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
She is eating too much wet and sugary foods. More fiber - more grasses.
Sorry Chef - Cannot work out how to add the photos of Bonus, so I will have to wait until someone who knows what to do sees this
HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP ! ! ! ! !

Haha!! I was going to make a picture thread for everyone to post on but I can’t figure it out either! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
She is eating too much wet and sugary foods. More fiber - more grasses.

Which one is too wet
Or sugary?
The carrots I only did once (that was today)
She doesn’t normally get any.
She is just on grass and green left lettuce..
(The lettuce is sparingly trust me..)
Soo... a platter of grass is too watery??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
No worries. Device = whatever, desktop, laptop, phone, tablet, psychic energy field...

If the photos are part of emails, you have to move the photos out of your emails to files inside the computer.

The reply box you type on to make a forum post -- at the top is a row of letters and squiggly stuff. At the very center of those icons is a rectangle that looks like a photo of a mountain and the sun. When you scroll over it, it will say "Insert image (Ctrl+P)". You click that to upload images (photos). It will say "Drop image (or click here)". Click there and it will open your computer's file menu.

That button has been glitching lately and you may have to post photos alone in an empty text box before you type any text (don't type - add the photo first, then type).

Psychic energy field.....??????
That would be meeeeee!!!!!! ?

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Fresh grass is fine.

Carrots contain a lot of sugar - sulcata should not eat them. The sugar feeds the wrong gut microbes and unbalances the digestion. Use a probiotic powder or paste to help balance things out and reverse any of the wrong buggies.

Heads of lettuces cultivated for the human market are very watery and nutrient-poor - - try curly endive, dandelion, chicory, collards, or other dark, broad leaf weeds and greens. Orchard grass should be easy to find this time of year at feed stores.

It's not uncommon after a blockage for things to take some time to get back to balance. Smaller meals more often helps, but definitely be strict about the types of things on the plate.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Ok... I tried the mountain with the sun.??
I knew that was it.... but ... nothing happens when I hit it?????
No pics

Naa-da.. ?
On an empty forum reply box (don't type anything)...click the image button...it will say "Drag image (or click here)". Click there.

That will open a menu from your computer. Then you have to find the folder where your pics are and choose the photo you want to upload.

After the image has loaded to the forum reply box, then you can type your text.

The image button may not be working today, but it shows properly if I don't type first...

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Fresh grass is fine.

Carrots contain a lot of sugar - sulcata should not eat them. The sugar feeds the wrong gut microbes and unbalances the digestion. Use a probiotic powder or paste to help balance things out and reverse any of the wrong buggies.

Heads of lettuces cultivated for the human market are very watery and nutrient-poor - - try curly endive, dandelion, chicory, collards, or other dark, broad leaf weeds and greens. Orchard grass should be easy to find this time of year at feed stores.

It's not uncommon after a blockage for things to take some time to get back to balance. Smaller meals more often helps, but definitely be strict about the types of things on the plate.

Done.
Thank you for helping with that.
I had bought all of those things for her when you told me that list the last time.
But she would not eat any of it except for the green leafy lettuce?
So I caved...
I will change back.
Don’t worry it’s not too late!!
like I said , she just started eating two days ago.
I will get back on track ASAP.
I am just so grateful to have you all!!!!
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you!! ????❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Fresh grass is fine.

Also, I had ordered the probiotic you referred me to.
I am just waiting for it to come in the post.♥️

When I get it,
I will not understand the directions..
For a tortoise that’s 120 lbs. (female)
What’s the spoon measurements??

(Wait... she might have lost weight from her last cluch of eggs and the not eating lately... so I’ll say she may be down to...?

90-100lbs??

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Also, I had ordered the probiotic you referred me to.
I am just waiting for it to come in the post.♥️

When I get it,
I will not understand the directions..
For a tortoise that’s 120 lbs. (female)
What’s the spoon measurements??

(Wait... she might have lost weight from her last cluch of eggs and the not eating lately... so I’ll say she may be down to...?

90-100lbs??
I would use 1/8 teaspoon a day on food.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Ok... I tried the mountain with the sun.??
I knew that was it.... but ... nothing happens when I hit it?????
No pics

Naa-da.. ?
@Chefdenoel10 @zolasmum @ZenHerper I have a feeling there is a restriction on pictures in this thread because it was started in the “Tortoise Forum Contests” section. @Yvonne G can you confirm if that’s why we are having issues posting pics in this thread? If so, is it possible to move it under Tortoise Health or Sulcata Tortoises?

ZenHerper

New Jersey
@Chefdenoel10 @zolasmum @ZenHerper I have a feeling there is a restriction on pictures in this thread because it was started in the “Tortoise Forum Contests” section. @Yvonne G can you confirm if that’s why we are having issues posting pics in this thread? If so, is it possible to move it under Tortoise Health or Sulcata Tortoises?
It works for me but only if I haven't typed a single character yet. If I type in the reply box, it will only allow images from websites (??), not from a device (robotic carrier pigeon...).

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Yeah, I’m not sure what the deal is. On most other threads I have the Attach Files button to simply click and add my photo which is displayed to the left of the Post Reply button. But on this thread the Attach Files button isn’t there. When I click on the mountain image with the sun it only allows a web address to be entered, if I’ve typed in the text box or not. ?‍♀️ This is from an iPad.