TNT Supplement: Yay or Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
So I was doing some online shopping because tomorrow is payday (woot woot) and I stumbled across the TNT product that Carolina Pet Supply sells. I have seen it recommended in a couple of places. Obviously torts don't NEED it to thrive but I am curious as to what people have experienced with it. Particularly those of you who have had torts for years. My biggest question, is it worth the $10+ to supplement my RT hatchling with?

I am almost leaning towards the "better safe then sorry" route but I just am curious as to what you all think about it. :)

PS. I do use the "typical" Calcium plus D3 powder that is in a white and pink container along with the Multivitamin supplement in a blue and white container (forgot the brand name) that I bought from Petsmart. Not sure how good this stuff is either.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've never used it, but some people seem to like it. Given the ingredients, I don't think it could do any harm in small amounts.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I use it in combination with a cuddle bone and varied diet ..... My torts do well on it.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Missouri
i like the tnt. i use it with probiotics for my 2 torts. since mine are inside for the winter and eating only grocery store greens and spring mix, i like knowing that i'm getting tnt on their feed 3 times a week.

these are the ingredients from the carolina pet supply website:
barley grass powder
Roselle powder (Hibiscus)
powdered orchard grass hay
dandelion leaf powder
plantain leaf powder
wheat grass powder
chickweed powder
raspberry leaf powder
rose hip powder
spirulina
chlorella
and more...
OPTIONAL...Professional Grade Probiotics with microencapsulated (so more survive the digestive process and end up in the intestines where they are needed) beneficial bacteria

like i said, i like the idea that i'm getting all of those ground grasses into my torts during the winter months. i also had one tort with kidney stones last year, so i like getting the probiotics into him. not sure i'll use it this summer once he moves outdoors, but may just cut back to once a week so i'll still be getting the probiotics into him.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
It's worth the $10+ in my opinion. It's a great product. I highly recommend it.

The key to a good tortoise diet is to feed a large variety of greens. TNT is a good way of incresesing variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.