TNT probiotics?

Stormy Rose

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Currently (because it's winter and snowy where I live) my Russian is living off of grocery store greens. I know he needs more variety, so I am looking into Carolina Pet Supply's TNT supplement. Does anyone suggest adding on the probiotics? My tort is less than a year old, not sure if that matters in this situation.

Also, should I add in some herbal hay with his fresh greens as well? or would the TNT supplement suffice?

Thanks guys!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
In the winter I feed my Russian both the TNT powder with probiotics and the herbal hey mixed in with greens.mine prefers the herbal hey soaked in water for a little bit to soften it up. then I basically just mix it with the greens and sprinkle a little TNT on top.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Let them eat poop! The biotics a juvenile requires is found in adult tortoise feces. If you have CLEAN, healthy adults, plop a healthy plop from an adult into the juvie's enclosure. Don't watch if the thought of savoring this not-so-savory nutriment is not your cup o' tea...

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Let them eat poop! The biotics a juvenile requires is found in adult tortoise feces. If you have CLEAN, healthy adults, plop a healthy plop from an adult into the juvie's enclosure. Don't watch if the thought of savoring this not-so-savory nutriment is not your cup o' tea...
That is so true. But not having the adult to supply the probiotics I opted for the TNT with probiotics. Not sure if it did anything for my tortoise, but it me me feel as though I was doing the right thing.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I did not know this. You learn something new every day.