Tis the season!

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
As most people know it is now the Christmas season, which means a lot of people are putting up fake trees. But this is one of the only times you can buy this in stores.

IRIS Holiday Tree Storage Box

52.32 in. long x 20.31in. wide x 14.3. in high

http://www.irisusainc.com/p-680-ve-175w.aspx

I am unsure of which stores sell this at the moment but i have high hopes on Walmart, Target, and the Christmas tree store. I will keep this thread updated when i find then.

I am hoping to use them for snakes and possibly tortoises. I was thinking about trying to put two of them together as well if i can find some. Its probably not ideal for any adult tortoise but for any hatchling or small tortoise it would make a great starter habitat. Would be great for humidity as well. Two of them together would be like a 4*4 enclosure and comes pre-sealed with a lid. Just some ideas.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Last year Walmart had them for 20.00 after Christmas. I think they were 30 before. Good idea on this thread.

Mr Buster

Reno NV
Last year Walmart had them for 20.00 after Christmas. I think they were 30 before. Good idea on this thread.

The problem is they are transparent. All the Christmas tree storage seem to be.

Cost is not the issue. I plan on buying one deck box and trying it on Buster and seeing how it works. But I also want at least two more it if it is a good product for my own patio storage needs. The deck storage container is breathable too because it was designed in mind of preventing child fatalities. That width is very important to me too and the deck storage box has that.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Lol. Transparent is not an issue. Again how many torts have you raised in it? You put a new tort in a tank for 30 minutes and gave up. I've put new torts in a wooden box they couldn't see out of and they all tried until they settled down. That's the same with glass or any transparent enclosure.

The deck storage container can't hold heat and humidity the way you need it.

Last edited by a moderator: