Christmas Tree Storage Bin by Iris

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
NOW is the time to be thinking about looking to find the Iris Christmas Tree bin. BEFORE Christmas, when the stores have them in stock. Walmart has them right now for $33.

The dimensions are 53x21x21.

Pair that with one of the small greenhouses from Amazon, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08978D6S3/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

The dimensions are 6x3x3.

I haven't done it in real life, but it looks like the bin will fit inside this greenhouse.

I've raised lots of baby tortoises and box turtles in the Christmas tree bin. It's a great size for that first year of life, at a reasonable price. I've never tried having one inside the mini greenhouse, but this year I'm going to give that a try.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
This is a great idea for an enclosure and at a very affordable price. So kind of you to share this reminder before the items are sold out. Hopefully people get some while they can! :tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
NOW is the time to be thinking about looking to find the Iris Christmas Tree bin. BEFORE Christmas, when the stores have them in stock. Walmart has them right now for $33.

The dimensions are 53x21x21.

Pair that with one of the small greenhouses from Amazon, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08978D6S3/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

The dimensions are 6x3x3.

I haven't done it in real life, but it looks like the bin will fit inside this greenhouse.

I've raised lots of baby tortoises and box turtles in the Christmas tree bin. It's a great size for that first year of life, at a reasonable price. I've never tried having one inside the mini greenhouse, but this year I'm going to give that a try.
Looking forward to your thread on this. This will be a great quick and easy solution for all the people who get told and sold all the wrong stuff at pet shops until they can get something bigger, better and more permanent.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I use that Greenhouse and its the best enclosure I've used, I like the idea of using the bin in it as well.

This is the one I use, it has a tarp for the bottom, Easy to hang lights and a CHE on the top frame

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looking forward to your thread on this. This will be a great quick and easy solution for all the people who get told and sold all the wrong stuff at pet shops until they can get something bigger, better and more permanent.
I already have a couple of the storage bins and I ordered the GH today.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I love the gree houses. Have used several different ones. The one Yvonne linked is great on it's own too. I have recommended them for years. Most people with one tortoise does not want to soak 300 or more for an enclosure that will last a year. The green houses can also be used as a warm spot when your tortoise gets big and is outside. In the summer months will give a nice warm and humid place for them to go into if they want. The one pictured just needs an additional door opening cut into it for the outside hide use.
If not using it after your hatchling out grows it, you can use it to grow weeds and plants for your tort. No waste of money on this one.
I haven't done the tote inside but should work just as good.

Newbabymama

Kansas
Green house what a brilliant idea! I've been looking at storage bins but I want to be able to look in and see it.