Tile Sticker tracker placement

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
I'm not a big fan of that, and I'll tell you why:

1.) I would never adhere anything to one of my torts.
2.) If the tort rubs up on anything, that tracker can either become loose and detach, or if adhered really well, it can possibly take a scale off with it.

Just my 2 cents.

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
I used one of the regular tile trackers temporarily until I was sure that my outdoor enclosures were tortoise proof and I loved it. I put it at the very back of the shell, above the tail. I figured it's important that it doesn't interfere with the torts ability to flip its self over in case it gets flipped and also not get snagged on stuff. So cool that there is now a smallerone with adhesive but I'd make sure it won't damage the shell or interfere with soaking your tort.

jeannettep

Texas
Those are great ideas! I don't think it would be a good idea to leave it on all the time unless one was an escape artist. I liked that it is non toxic and can be removed by using a blow drier. Depending on the size I was hoping to not have to use the entire adhesive. But we just finished adding on more yard space and I thought one got out the other day. They recently started staying in their warming house, so I thought I'd wait to use them when they are more active. I just want to make sure they don't figure a way out.