This veggie sounds dangerous...

enchilada

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Beach CA
tmNg0ea.jpg

so i was doing grocery shopping at my local asian supermarket,and found this.
Anyway I can feed it to my tortoise without getting raped?

Finn

Incheon
This is too funny! I am Korean and this plant/flower is called Yuchae flower. It looks really pretty and its Korean name is really pretty, too. I don't know what the person who named its English name was thinking!

Finn

Incheon
Oh and I belive it's okay because it's edible even from young leaves. I ate it many times(the flower and other parts) when making flower pancakes. But it's high in protein so just feed small amount and you'll be fine. And your tortoise wont get raped!Lol

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
The name derives from the Latin for turnip, rāpa or rāpum, and is first recorded in English at the end of the 14th century.

Rapeseed is a common ingredient in bird seeds, however the seed is high in tannins.
You intellectuals take all the fun out of something silly.

MichiganFrog

5 Year Member
Northwest Florida
Yes, the flower is really beautiful, and a field full of them is even more so. The last time I visited Korea with my wife, we saw a huge field of them in Kyeong Ju (경주). It's a well-known spot where a lot of newlyweds go to have pictures taken. We weren't newlyweds, but we snapped a couple of shots, too. ;)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Yes, the flower is really beautiful, and a field full of them is even more so. The last time I visited Korea with my wife, we saw a huge field of them in Kyeong Ju (경주). It's a well-known spot where a lot of newlyweds go to have pictures taken. We weren't newlyweds, but we snapped a couple of shots, too. ;)
Wow, Korea is beautiful :)