does escarole same as green leaf lettuce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HtVic

5 Year Member
I just went to the grocery store, pick up some collards, green leaf lettuce, (does escarole same as green leaf lettuce?)radicchio,dandelion for my lucky. I just figure it out there aren't much tort-food i can buy from the supermarket.

there are other kind of green leaf vege are not usually what tortoise owner feed.....so I just bought the common ones. Not too much options.

HtVic

5 Year Member
ya I know this website, there aren't anything on this website you can find from grocery store
beside, this website not mention too much about vegetable, only flowers and weeds

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
HtVic said:
ya I know this website, there aren't anything on this website you can find from grocery store
beside, this website not mention too much about vegetable, only flowers and weeds

You might have to do a bit of google first. Escarole is known as endive in other countries and that is on there. There are plenty of salads on there.

Actually, what you call Escarole is probably nearer our Frisee lettuce... It's still feed in moderation. The plants are in the same family

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Escarole and endive are OK- good calcium/phosphorous ratios, but not a whole lot of actual calcium in it.

The greens that I feed most often is some form of salad mix, usually 'spring mix', with a dash of supplemental fiber and calcium in the entire package.

Status
Not open for further replies.