This isn't what I thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
We planted "micro greens" in our lettuce patch. I am 1000% certain this is what it was on the package. Thus why I planted it with the lettuces.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when my husband & I went out to taste test all the difference types of lettuces. All were pretty good EXCEPT this one type....micro greens. So we just thought it was not ready yet.

Fast forward to today. I was looking everything and noticed a red bulb growing out from the leaves. So I picked it and thought, "oh wow, it's a radish"......

52710001_edited-1.jpg

Then I picked more, but they didn't look like radishes....

52710002_edited-1.jpg

This one in particular doesn't look like a radish. I looked up rutabagas & turnips, and the images looked somewhat like this. So I'm stumped on what this is. Any suggestions?...

52710003_edited-1.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They are all radishes. :) They don't all grow round. :D

Danny

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
How round they grow has alot to do with how deep and well the ground is tilled. I had a radish grow in my brocolli row. I think I had a seed in the brocolli seed package. It tasted great, wish more had sprouted.

Dawna

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I can't believe that you're picking radish's so soon. Here in NY we won't plant them until the end of June and will pick them in the cooler weather, toward Oct. or Nov.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
My tort's favorite greens are radish greens!

I was so excited at the store yesterday to find turnip greens--they are impossible to find in my area without driving about 30 miles, lol. The local organic store got a batch in for whatever reason so crossing my fingers it will happen again (before when I asked they said not enough interest, although people had asked).

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
I was pretty positive they were radishes until I pulled the big one out. I've never seen a radish that was almost 4 inches long! I have raised garden boxes and they are all about 18 inches deep.

So much for micro greens! hahahaha

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
radishes come in different sizes and colors also, my russians love radish tops, I grow a lot of them during the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.