NEW TANK NO BASKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
Well I got a new tank yesterday and my RES Smokey is not basking on her rock. Do you think it will take sometime for her to get use to it. Because that is what I think. Also i got a new light it is a Zoo Med light bulb that blue with UVB wavelength and its 60 watts. Do you think that might be the problem I dont know for sure on the problem need some more opions than just mine on this one.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Didn't you just get her a big ole tank? I wonder if she is just enjoying the space for a minute? Giver her some time....maybe she has not figured out where things are now :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I think she may just be adjusting to the bigger tank. I say give her some time as well...

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
My DBT took a week before he basked. I have heard people who said it took months for their turtle to feel comfortable enough to bask. Be patient. :D

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
ok thank you guys very much :) i thought so but i wasnt forsure you know what i mean lol :)

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
yeah Terry when he was moved ito the 75 he took almost a week to find the beach again (or at least use it)

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
ok well she is starting to come to the rock but yet no basking but we are almost there lol :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
If you have some treats like dried shrimp scatter a few up the ramp onto the basking area. That can lure her up there.
I did that when I upgraded and built a ATBA. It did take about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.