Thinking about one of Toms previous posts

Skip K

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I read with interest Toms post about baby Sulcata issues and coming from “beef jerky” breeders and torts that look good for awhile then start deteriorating. All our baby Sulcatas arrived with pretty serious dehydration problems. It took a while but these issues have been corrected. No longer any urates. Now the newest problem. Shells seem to be softening. They have all the proper humidity, temps etc according to the group. Their diet consists of Zoomed 3 times a week...the other meals are spring mix ( initially for the hydration issue ). I lightly dust two of the spring mix meals with calcium/D3 and one meal with a multivitamin. They have a decent UVB bulb and because I put it in tandem with the basking bulb...they have to be receiving both. And like Toms post said...they are ( right now) active, growing, eat well and thermoregulate. They are now getting some outside time with our temps warming up. Of course my first thought is a knee jerk reaction and to start dusting everything every day with calcium/D3 powder...but I can see problems with over supplementation. Thoughts please!