how often to offer supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
i have a 2 year leopard, 2 adult Russians and a veiled chameleon that need multivitamins and calcium.
i would like to get them all on the same schedule.
i was thinking I'd offer calcium with zoomed tortoise pellets twice a week.
and a multivitamin once a week with a treat.

does this sound alright? I'm not sure which i should offer more, the multivitamin or the calcium?

i also have liquid calcium because i couldn't find a powder that didn't have d3 in it as well, should i use this instead of the d3? they all have uvb bulbs on daily.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Hello. I would like to ask why you think your torts need multivitamin?
Calcium is sometimes added like 2-3 times per week just for supplement, but if you feed enough variation of food then you might not need the multivitamin. Also I see you already give him some zoomed pellet, I would think they should be a good thing to cover for any lack of nutrients you might be missing from the menu.

For calcium, if they have uvb bulbs daily, I would use the ones with D3.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
Yellow Turtle said:
Hello. I would like to ask why you think your torts need multivitamin?
Calcium is sometimes added like 2-3 times per week just for supplement, but if you feed enough variation of food then you might not need the multivitamin. Also I see you already give him some zoomed pellet, I would think they should be a good thing to cover for any lack of nutrients you might be missing from the menu.

For calcium, if they have uvb bulbs daily, I would use the ones with D3.

i wasn't sure if the multivitamins should be offered at all, i figured it couldn't hurt in the right dosage. and i see that the zoomed pellets do have a lot of nutrients, that's why i chose it over mazuri. thank you for your input :)

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
You can try Tuesday & Thursday. When they are older add Saturday to the schedule

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
An easy way to think of it is based on how much you think you give at any particular feeding. If you give a lot, give it less frequently. If you give a little, give it more frequently. Overdoing it can be done, but it is not easy to do unintentionally in most circumstances, so most would not have to be overly concerned with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.