They're ALIVE and Too Cute.. Macro babies!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
You asked for it Barb.... they are in about an inch of water - yes they are that small - in a 10 gallon tank.. tight quarters.. did as good as I could.... endure.. you'll be glad you did!

First.. they were in a one gallon ice cream pail... while I changed their water - " lemmeout "!!! - [ humidity fogged the lens ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK_KGuot_a4

Second.... get ready - TOO CUTE -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzbLj5jGptU

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
These babies just redefined the word "cute." They are extraordinarily the cuties things alive!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
The "cost" [ in more ways than 3 ] to have these created has been beyond belief.

IF they grow up to be males they will look like this in 4-5 (?) years -

Most likely they will be females due to incubation term -

Either way I think I'll keep them..

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you, OMG, they are so darn cute. Fast little buggers too.
Interesting second vid. Didn't know they were fresh and salt. This may be a very long stretch, but can they go in a marine aquarium with fish? Are their salinity levels the same as marine fish?

Redfoot NERD said:
The "cost" [ in more ways than 3 ] to have these created has been beyond belief.

OMG, just beautiful.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Anthony P said:
I love a female with a nice big head!

....Dont tell my wife I said that :)

I can't believe you said that.. where have you been?.. are you telling me you didn't receive my email, etc.?

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
AWWW they are cute. I like the one that is in the 2nd video and the one that was just sitting in the leaves. The other 2 that were swiming around were cute too BUT this one just popped out at me. What kind of turtles are these??? I might want to buy one of those kinds... How big do they get??

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
wellington said:
Thank you, OMG, they are so darn cute. Fast little buggers too.
Interesting second vid. Didn't know they were fresh and salt. This may be a very long stretch, but can they go in a marine aquarium with fish? Are their salinity levels the same as marine fish?

Redfoot NERD said:

OMG, just beautiful.

Must have gone somewhere else about the "fresh and salt" thing Barb.

Those that live where the Macros live [ FL ] say everything from high brackish levels to having observed them in saltwater far from brackish! I have reasons to believe that the more Northern sub-species are not as "salt-tolerant" as the far south might be. I'm sure the Macros are not as cold-tolerant - which only stands to reason.

So to answer your question.. not sure - however in a BIG saltwater with plenty of basking area.. that may work for them in 1.018 and above.

A few of my terrapin keeper/breeder friends that keep theirs in brackish usually go 1.008 - 1.012 as the highest. I personally had a skin issue with mine [ the "northern" / Concentrics ] once and gradually raised the fresh to something like 1.014 for about a week and then back down to fresh again - this whole process was over a good 2 week time frame.

Let's see if we can get Gerards in on this.. ask him Barb.