Tickling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anm1221

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I recently Found this video and I find it very cute and adorable. I've also found video's like it with different tortoises and turtles alike. I just wanted to share how cute it is and I find it fascinating and both cute the way they react to things they like(rubbing on them)

CLICK THE LINK to see what i'm talking about lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu6oJuNPDH4

THIS LINK TOO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__u7t2wuVGk

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
That’s hilarious! I’ve never seen that happen before. I’ll have to try that with mine. Thanks!

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
TxTortMan said:
That’s hilarious! I’ve never seen that happen before. I’ll have to try that with mine. Thanks!

I found it absolutely adorable! and how they shake their little booties with pleasure/ I never knew they could be ticklish or Love it so much. It's so cute

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
OH SO FUNNY! I have never seen anything like it! Something new I have to try. :)

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
This really works!

I tried this on Wally, my oldest, no affect, he just walked away.
I tried this on the little one, Tank, I could tell he could feel it, he moved around a bit in circle, but nothing exciting like the video.
I tried this on my middle child, Soup, He loved it, he seemed to go nuts, he didn't run away but seemed to be running in circle pattern. When I was doing this him and Tank were running into each other both trying for my attention.

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
A follow up on this subject, I searched through the forum for previous incidents and apparently it is some kind of rape prevention.
Quoting Tom: " It's thier way of saying, "Hey! Get off me. I do not want to be bred." So I think I should not continue to do this.

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
SpdTrtl said:
A follow up on this subject, I searched through the forum for previous incidents and apparently it is some kind of rape prevention.
Quoting Tom: " It's thier way of saying, "Hey! Get off me. I do not want to be bred." So I think I should not continue to do this.

Aw that really sucks.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
anm1221 said:
SpdTrtl said:

Aw that really sucks.

I don't know... My red foot does that when I scratch her. But she also does it on her own, she goes from plant to plant, turns around and rubs her "butt" on them. Funniest thing ever :-D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My red foots do this to . They rub on there hides or plants funny,funny.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
Lol so maybe its natural

Sent from my LG-C800 using TortForum mobile app

Lol so maybe its natural

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
I tried this on oogway n he just sat there like I was scratching at itch lol... Maybe it's only breeding age females lol

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
Idk lo

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
I forgot to mention, aquatic turtles will often be seen scratching their shells on a hard surface underwater. My musk turtle will wedge herself under a driftwood branch and swing back and forth for minutes on end to satisfy the itch. I'm not sure that the tortoise scratch is very different, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.