The Walking Dead

Turtlepete

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Yeah, the show has taken an odd turn lately that I can't quite figure out. Since Beth, nothing has really made sense. A whole 3 episodes of literally no dialogue, just watching the group wander around, got a little boring. It was necessary I guess, to illustrate the point and hopelessness of "being out there too long", but it could've been summed up a lot quicker. More like 15 minutes of screen time…..Not 2 hours worth. Honestly, since the mid-season finale the show has lacked good writing or really any substance, IMHO.

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Yeah, the show has taken an odd turn lately that I can't quite figure out. Since Beth, nothing has really made sense. A whole 3 episodes of literally no dialogue, just watching the group wander around, got a little boring. It was necessary I guess, to illustrate the point and hopelessness of "being out there too long", but it could've been summed up a lot quicker. More like 15 minutes of screen time…..Not 2 hours worth. Honestly, since the mid-season finale the show has lacked good writing or really any substance, IMHO.
Yeah, and maybe that's the point, the whole Beth fiasco just broke them or something. I don't know. I'm just finding it hard not to root for the zombies these days. Lol.

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
I have different ways im thinking they did this...
First is they are probably just giving us the view on things since its a new place different people and then hit us with a hard crazy episode.

Second is they are probably giving us calm grieving episodes since beth. But this past sundays was very awesome gross but sad with yet another loss. So now they are preparing us for what is comming.

Third, they want us to just watch and see how Rick is changing. How the whole group is changing. In my opinion they are becoming the bad people... mmaayybbee still not bad to me ill always love them. But you know what i mean bad people.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Yeah, and maybe that's the point, the whole Beth fiasco just broke them or something. I don't know. I'm just finding it hard not to root for the zombies these days. Lol.

Yeah, but they don't even mention Beth! Thats what really pisses me off. She has barely even been mentioned since her death! I haven't heard any of them talk about her. :-/

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
[QUOTE="Third, they want us to just watch and see how Rick is changing. How the whole group is changing. In my opinion they are becoming the bad people... mmaayybbee still not bad to me ill always love them. But you know what i mean bad people.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think you may be dead on with this one. But I wish they were bad in a more .... I don't know..... BAD way. They seem to be bad in a incompetent way at the moment and that's what's killing me.

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
[QUOTE="Third, they want us to just watch and see how Rick is changing. How the whole group is changing. In my opinion they are becoming the bad people... mmaayybbee still not bad to me ill always love them. But you know what i mean bad people.
Yeah, I think you may be dead on with this one. But I wish they were bad in a more .... I don't know..... BAD way. They seem to be bad in a incompetent way at the moment and that's what's killing me.[/QUOTE]

Well i have a huuggee gut feeling this is just suspense! And letting us thinking many things. I think they will show us some bad ways that we will just be stunned! I mean i was very stunned the way Carol treated the kid! Shes already changing sayings she gonna tie him to a tree and let zombies eat him.

dariceboij

Orlando,FL
Have you guys read the comic books? There are two walking dead compendiums out that go a little past where they are in the series right now. As far as what is going on in the series its hard to keep up to the source material when the bad asses in the comics end up being hated in their tv format. An example without spoilers is that some characters died earlier, differently, or are still alive in the books. I recommend reading the comic books and since the show departs from the comics no one is safe. The compendiums are also great gifts for any walking dead fan.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I have not watched it yet. Besides Resident Evil, the whole zombie thing doesn't appeal to me, but a friend of mind suggested I watch this show so I may give it a shot.

In the mean time though, the Bad Lip Reading videos are spectacular.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I finally watched the season finally. Holy cow! What a roller coaster ride that was. I hate that I have to wait to see what happens next.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Yeah, me too. They have a new walking dead spin-off coming out to fill in the gap a bit, hopefully. starts in july? Hey @Tom, MORGANS back!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Yeah, but what's he going to do now that he's watched his hero gun somebody down in cold blood? All life is precious you know....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah, but what's he going to do now that he's watched his hero gun somebody down in cold blood? All life is precious you know....

That was pretty brutal. "Rick? Do it." BOOM! No thought. No contemplation or consideration. Wow. Shocking. So many directions they could go with that for next season...