The Walking Dead

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Anyone else watch? my sister no longer watches it with me so I have no one to make comments to and I'm no good at the twitter.

Need someone to be upset with after last nights episode!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was just recently introduced to Netflix through Apple TV. Prior to that I never watched Walking Dead, but now I caught up on all four seasons and I'm watching the current season as it airs. I have last nights episode recorded, but I have not watched it yet, so don't spoil it!!!

Going back a few years, I think the introduction of Michone was the best character introduction in the history of television!!! FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!!

I have been repeatedly shocked at what they have done on the show over all the seasons, so now I'm dying to know what they did last night...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes I watch it . Last nights show pissed me off . I don't want to give to much away . Hurry up and watch it Tom .

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Definitely watch it asap lol so many feelings to keep in!!
And I'm a Daryl fan all the way from the beginning and he's only developed more. I'm wrapped up in my Daryl blanket right now after a long day. Guys aren't my thing but oh that Norman Reedus lol. Michone is pretty much the second Bad-A character! I'm also a Tara fan as of pretty much the tunnel episode when Eugine looks at her "I gotta tell you, you're seriously freaking hott" "I like girls" "...I knew that". I think her character still has a long way to go but she has potential!

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
all i can say about the walking dead is last night's spoiler on they're facebook page made me mad lol the episode hadn't even air here yet and i knew who died thanks to AMC but i LOVE the show. i'm a huge zombie buff going back all the way to the original george romero night of the living dead

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Up to season 4 on netflix, HUGE FAN, though not to sound pretentious, comic is better.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well c'mon. This is just the most recent in a long line of shockers. Its been awhile since they made our jaws drop, so it was over due. Should have known SOMEBODY important was gonna die. I'm glad it wasn't Carole. I like her.

I love how things have just descended as time has passed since the zombie thing happened 4+ seasons ago. It lends a sense of realism. I just keep wondering, how low are they going to go? Is there any hope of some sort of relief from the madness or a happy ending of any kind? I mean its been dead end after dead end for a while now. Herschel's farm was a ray of sunshine, despite the rough introduction, and they promptly snuffed that out. The prison looked good. Now that's over. I thought something might work out with the Governors town, but no. Eugene offered some hope. That got flushed.

C'mon writers. How about a little good news once in a while? Where are they gonna go now? It seems they are just wandering pointlessly. We need some direction. Something to hope for. A goal.

I like that character from the first episode that keeps reappearing. Can't remember his name. That actor also played in the abruptly ended "Jericho" series that I liked. What's his deal? Where are they going to go with that guy? He's not carrying much. What happened to all those guns he had when Rick found him in that little town a couple season ago?

And I'm tired of the most bada*$ chick television has ever seen being the nanny! WTH!?! Let's see some more butt kicking and sword swinging! What is this smiling thing they have her doing all the time now? I don't want to see Michone smile. I wanna see her do what she does best! Are they gong to have to kill off Carl for her to get serious again? Of course that would turn Rick into useless mush...

Am I off base here? Am I right about these things?

Turtlepete

South Florida
Well c'mon. This is just the most recent in a long line of shockers. Its been awhile since they made our jaws drop, so it was over due. Should have known SOMEBODY important was gonna die. I'm glad it wasn't Carole. I like her.

I love how things have just descended as time has passed since the zombie thing happened 4+ seasons ago. It lends a sense of realism. I just keep wondering, how low are they going to go? Is there any hope of some sort of relief from the madness or a happy ending of any kind? I mean its been dead end after dead end for a while now. Herschel's farm was a ray of sunshine, despite the rough introduction, and they promptly snuffed that out. The prison looked good. Now that's over. I thought something might work out with the Governors town, but no. Eugene offered some hope. That got flushed.

C'mon writers. How about a little good news once in a while? Where are they gonna go now? It seems they are just wandering pointlessly. We need some direction. Something to hope for. A goal.

I like that character from the first episode that keeps reappearing. Can't remember his name. That actor also played in the abruptly ended "Jericho" series that I liked. What's his deal? Where are they going to go with that guy? He's not carrying much. What happened to all those guns he had when Rick found him in that little town a couple season ago?

And I'm tired of the most bada*$ chick television has ever seen being the nanny! WTH!?! Let's see some more butt kicking and sword swinging! What is this smiling thing they have her doing all the time now? I don't want to see Michone smile. I wanna see her do what she does best! Are they gong to have to kill off Carl for her to get serious again? Of course that would turn Rick into useless mush...

Am I off base here? Am I right about these things?

I agree with a lot of what your saying. Michonne's character her been pretty dang useless lately, which sharply contrasts with her introduction to the series.

As nice as a "ray of sunshine" would be, you have to remember this is a post-apocalyptic show….There is no happy ending, really. Just little reliefs that keep everyone alive. The farm, the prison, etc.. I am curious to see where the rest of this season will go. But I am seriously mad they killed Beth….That part was just so unnecessary. Guess Emily Kinney wanted out?

You are right in asking the question, just how low will they go? I mean….we literally introduced cannibals. They ate Bob's friggin leg for crying out loud (and really, did we HAVE to see his rotting leg?….)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I watch it. Haven't gotten past the first few episodes in this season though. Who died? Spoiler alerts don't bother me. I'm usually entirely too busy to watch a full episode all the way through and watch it chopped up which is kinda silly.

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I'm really not impressed this season. It just seemed like they were treading water but I'm not sure what for as the final episode was just a bit of an anti climax for me.

All season I've been waiting for something to happen and it hasn't. It's felt like every episode has been 'filler' almost. Everything leading up to that mid season finale seemed really contrived. I also don't care enough for a lot of the characters but I've always felt like that.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
You all know this is based on a comic book series .... So it is following the comic book in basic idea.

I was totally shocked on what happened ..WOW didn't see that coming, I thought Noah was going down.

What do you guys think about the Daryl character being a gay virgin? That is where it is going per the writer and the actor interviews.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I agree with a lot of what your saying. Michonne's character her been pretty dang useless lately, which sharply contrasts with her introduction to the series.

As nice as a "ray of sunshine" would be, you have to remember this is a post-apocalyptic show….There is no happy ending, really. Just little reliefs that keep everyone alive. The farm, the prison, etc.. I am curious to see where the rest of this season will go. But I am seriously mad they killed Beth….That part was just so unnecessary. Guess Emily Kinney wanted out?

You are right in asking the question, just how low will they go? I mean….we literally introduced cannibals. They ate Bob's friggin leg for crying out loud (and really, did we HAVE to see his rotting leg?….)
I'm not so much mad Michonne is all happy smiley, I'm kind of frustrated about how it all of a sudden happened, I mean I get Carl had a lot to do with that but people don't just go from where she was to where she is now all of a sudden.

Emily Kinney didn't want out, on the Talking Dead after she made an appearance and cried because of how she would be losing her friends esspecially Norman. I think they just needed to bring back the shock again, remind us no one's safe.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
You all know this is based on a comic book series .... So it is following the comic book in basic idea.

I was totally shocked on what happened ..WOW didn't see that coming, I thought Noah was going down.

What do you guys think about the Daryl character being a gay virgin? That is where it is going per the writer and the actor interviews.
I knew Dawn would want Noah back, I never expected what happened though, but I do know Dawn did what she did more out of instinct and reaction and didn't really mean to, I mean that face said exactly that.

Daryl/Norman is my one allowed straight Hollywood man-crush (since I'm not into guys... that's not just a younger generation thing to have the one" allowed Hollywood gay crush" right!?) That being said I think making him gay is the only thing that will appease crazy fangirls knowing there was never a chance. And I'd be quite happy seeing it, but I'm also not against him and Carol, and I think after their episode together they're lining the 2 of them up for each other, they've been through so much (Carols husband, Sophia, they both suffered abuse and after the book falling out of his bag in the housing place she now knows too)

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Surprised this thread has no action now that the season's back. Hope nobody minds me jumping into it. I hate to say it, but I'm really starting to dislike the way the show is going in the latter half of this season. I couldn't really put my finger on why until this last episode.
*SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO AREN'T UP-TO-DATE*​
For the first 4 1/2 season's it's been the group dealing with problems that life has thrown at them in the best way they can given the circumstances. Ever since they've gotten to Alexandria though, it seems as if they have been the ones to create their own problems. Something you really can't do if you want to survive the apocalypse. I mean, Gabriel being a rat (they saved him when he didn't deserve it), Rick gravitating instantly to another man's wife (even though the whole Shane situation should probably have given him some perspective on that one, drunken abuser or not), Carol thinking murder is the answer to everything. “You’re gonna have to kill him.” No, you don't, that's literally the last thing you have to do. The mayor of the town's a woman and thus, I'd assume, probably against the whole beating women thing. There's at least 10 things he could do that is more beneficial to the group than "kill him" (especially when "him" is the only doctor!!!). When the 2 most well adjusted people in your group are Darryl and Abraham, you probably need to start soul searching. I hate seeing hour long episodes that are just people, who have worked so hard to survive, just shooting themselves in their own feet. That's not drama, that's incompetence. Grrr. I still love the show and hope it returns back to it's roots. Hope other people on here still watch.