The turtle garden today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
terryo said:
I always look at the feeder fish in the pet store, and some of them are so pretty so I just took 5 on impulse.

Me too! Since I re-did the whole pen in December, I decided to try a different fish, so I took my daughter, and she picked them out (with some strategic guidance, she wanted clownfish at first!).
We bought Zebra Danios that were on sale, and they all became paralyzed from the temperature shock when we put them into the pond. So we had to scoop them out and keep them in a tank til the outside pond temperatures warmed up.

I've never observed any catching a fish either, but I think they clean up any dead ones pretty fast.

Steve

MichiLove

5 Year Member
New Orleans
terryo said:
Today was so warm, so everyone was up. Chewy went for a swim, trying to catch a goldfish. It was very comical to watch her underwater wating for one to pass by. Who said box turtles can't swim!

061.jpg

I didn't catch any!
052.jpg

Some ground venison for Chewy, since she didn't catch any fish
064.jpg

No photo fixing here. Kit has the most beautiful orange coloring. Can't wait to see how she's going to look as an adult.
008-1.jpg

Little Ben, my only Three Toed, will be 3 in September '12
041-1.jpg

Millie my Gulf Coast, in the cave. I think Millie is becoming a Milton.
018-1.jpg

And Pi...always on the hunt looking for a fight or a female...I still don't know.
029-2.jpg

Just a few goldfish in the little pond
007-5.jpg

Pi wishing he could catch a fish
009-4.jpg

The bad part about starting all over with box turtle hatchling and juvenile's is that you can't tell what they will become..male or female. It's looking like there are two potential males besides Pi, with three (pretty sure of) females. I could never part with any of these males, as I have them since they were so little, so they better get along!

Wow I love that dark black colored one in the last few pics Awsome!
What i wouldn't do to have an Eastern, I love those dark thick looking shells

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
I like your babies. My gardens look like they are natural. I've never liked European style gardens. The closest I've ever had to one is a Japanese forest garden which is basically a stylized forest habitat so I'm not sure if that really counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.