New Boxie garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Terry, beautiful beautiful!!
Now is that pond the same one I showed you?(Member?) Did you just use pond lining to make things bigger? I just wanna do what you did, wan, wan wan. (That was supposed to be a whine!!) Are you planning on leaving those guys out all winter??
Is Pio separate now in his area?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Nay... We made this pond and stream the same way we made the one in Pio's enclosure. I just added flat slate around it because I had it and didn't want to waste it. When all the moss establishes and the ground cover grows and spreads it will go over the slate...hopefully by next Summer. We put in the little pond and attached pond liner to it with pond tape to form the stream. Then he put black cement along the stream, into the pond on top of the pond tape which joined the pond and stream. I hope you can understand this and that I'm explaining it right.
Toward one side of the garden, under those yellow shrubs is where they'll hibernate. I have to add a lot of leaf litter and also we are getting some wonder board and cementing stones to it to make the top of the cave. (my son is big on cement, because of his business...everything is cement..LOL)
I am EXTREAMLY nervous about hibernating these little boxies as they have never hibernated before....except for Nora who always did. So I'll be taking every precaution I can think of, and then at the last minute I might just take them in. We'll see..........
Yes, Pio is all alone now in his enclosure, for the summer. The first two day's when I took the boxie's out he paced back and forth ....up and down....and didn't eat a thing for two days. Then the third day I saw him eating pansies, and today is the first day he ate a good meal. I know a lot of people don't agree with this, but I saw how he interacted with the boxies, and knew he was looking for them.
Also....Pi and Chewy, who are about the same age...two Eastern Boxies....sleep together, and where you find one, you will always find the other one. They are always together. They remind me of my two little grandsons, who are the same age....always playing together....I know, I'm nuts. Nolie, the Three Toed, seems to always be following Nora. Nolie was never handled as a baby, so is very shy, and Nora seems to have taken her under her wing. I see this every day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.