The second ...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I was going about my chores yesterday I kept catching a slight wispy smell of smoke on the air. Not surprising considering all the fires in the West. After a while as I was coming and going I realized the smell was in the house only...not outside...oh hell...so I walked around sniffing the air...I went into the plant room, nope...then I went into the "it's not a reptile room, room", and I opened the top of a tort table holding box turtles and I see in the morning I must have knocked the CHE off it's holder and down onto a half log...glad they seem to be fire retarded...I knocked the damn thing off it's holder down inside the table then closed the lid on it...
100_0666.JPG
I hate to think what fire #3 will be...
100_0667.JPG

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank goodness you found it in time!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I was going about my chores yesterday I kept catching a slight wispy smell of smoke on the air. Not surprising considering all the fires in the West. After a while as I was coming and going I realized the smell was in the house only...not outside...oh hell...so I walked around sniffing the air...I went into the plant room, nope...then I went into the "it's not a reptile room, room", and I opened the top of a tort table holding box turtles and I see in the morning I must have knocked the CHE off it's holder and down onto a half log...glad they seem to be fire retarded...I knocked the damn thing off it's holder down inside the table then closed the lid on it...
View attachment 333660
I hate to think what fire #3 will be...
View attachment 333661
Good Gawd, are we going to have to get the local Fire Dept to do well checks now? Don't make this Maggie3fire, please. We need your sage & unsage advice.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Ahhh god, sometimes it’s just bad luck, maybe try a zip tie to “catch” if it falls so that it doesn’t fall all the way into the enclosure. This gives me anxiety.