The move begins

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I've been very limited in my involvement here as of late. For. Good reason none the less. As of Saturday I have signed two documents in the grand future of the zoo of turtle/tortoises down south. I couldn't find the older post of when I mentioned the south Texas visit and property acquisition. Well like I said above, on Saturday I signed the documents to sell the house and property that currently I live on and houses the organization. It was posted Friday night and sold Saturday morning with 5 pending offers. Luckily I chose the new owner as she wanted to meet me. She wants to establish a dog rescue on the property. Good energy already. One sanctuary/rescue sells and another takes over the 10 years I have put into this place. Many of y'all know the construction and facilities I have provided here. The money, time and effort that was out into my home, my passion and my life.

Well on Saturday I also signed the agreement of property purchase in San Benito,TX. About 20 minutes north of Brownsville. On the border in a tropical zone 9b(one frost zone above Miami) so warm weather and perfect tortoise area. We've ventured into a welcoming environment of working with the sea turtle rescue in south padre(about 25 minutes east).

A long very stressful move will undergo the next few months. Moving 500 tortoise/turtles isn't easy at all. But the sale of the prosperity currently owned has fetched well above asking price from multiple offers when listed for sale. This has allowed my plan and construction plans that have been in a filing cabinet for so long to become a reality. With a goal of a 5 year plan to be open to the public the entire 16 acre plat will feature over 100 species of turtles and tortoises from the rarest and most endangered species abroad and walk through greenhouse, deserts, and full size aquarium and ponds to facilitate a hopeful pioneer example of how conservation ex-situ should be modeled after. Our international patrons are beyond excited to see such a massive growth and know that such a breeding facility will accommodate little offspring to be returned to the wild.

This is a dream come true. A resort of life that will hopefully inspire many that come to visit. Of course it won't be open for at least 5 years or so. But forum members and friends can visit whenever.

Stay turtley my friends. Look for updates on progress of the property.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/anybody-live-in-south-texas-on-the-border-area.122836/

How long do you have to get everything moved out of the current property?

I'll probably be fairly busy until the end of the year but after the new year I could give you a hand now and then. I'm not completely useless.
60 days from last Saturday. Tick tock for sure. But I've had a plan for a while now. The property has a house. But I'm not moving into it. Building my mom a tiny house and 4 other tiny houses to live in. The care keepers in the house will stay. Retired Mexicans. They're awesome. The property has a 1 acre garden that he maintains. Which is perfect for tortoise food. She also grows medicinal plants in a greenhouse on the property. I sure would love some help. Especially electrical help. I'm installing a full 8kw off grid solar system with battery backup. I know you'd be Savy to that installation.

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
Sounds fantastic,hope the move isn't too stressful,
I would offer my electrical skills but since i've already burnt 2 sheds down I don't think it would be wise lol

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Sounds fantastic,hope the move isn't too stressful,
I would offer my electrical skills but since i've already burnt 2 sheds down I don't think it would be wise lol
Oh boy. Yeah no offense but I'll pass on your electrical help. Hahah. That's not good at all. What happened? Everything is very happy and I'm looking forward to it. Stress is normal, I just smile and laugh and keep going.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, Kelly I am so happy for you. I can't imagine having to move that many torts and turts and in such a short time. I so hope it goes as easy as possible for you. It would be great if as much of it as possible was filmed and shared. :)
Good luck with it and keep us updated when possible. So wish I lived closer:(.
Again I am so happy for you and the future of tortoises and turtles:)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Fantastic news dude!!!!
I've had a super crappy day but this definitely gave me a reason to perk up and smile. Congratulations!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Congratulations Kelly. What an exciting time and a busy time!
I hope everything runs smoothly during the move!!!
Keep us posted with pics please!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Wishing you all good wishes for the move and for your fantastic future plans!!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I've been very limited in my involvement here as of late. For. Good reason none the less. As of Saturday I have signed two documents in the grand future of the zoo of turtle/tortoises down south. I couldn't find the older post of when I mentioned the south Texas visit and property acquisition. Well like I said above, on Saturday I signed the documents to sell the house and property that currently I live on and houses the organization. It was posted Friday night and sold Saturday morning with 5 pending offers. Luckily I chose the new owner as she wanted to meet me. She wants to establish a dog rescue on the property. Good energy already. One sanctuary/rescue sells and another takes over the 10 years I have put into this place. Many of y'all know the construction and facilities I have provided here. The money, time and effort that was out into my home, my passion and my life.

Well on Saturday I also signed the agreement of property purchase in San Benito,TX. About 20 minutes north of Brownsville. On the border in a tropical zone 9b(one frost zone above Miami) so warm weather and perfect tortoise area. We've ventured into a welcoming environment of working with the sea turtle rescue in south padre(about 25 minutes east).

A long very stressful move will undergo the next few months. Moving 500 tortoise/turtles isn't easy at all. But the sale of the prosperity currently owned has fetched well above asking price from multiple offers when listed for sale. This has allowed my plan and construction plans that have been in a filing cabinet for so long to become a reality. With a goal of a 5 year plan to be open to the public the entire 16 acre plat will feature over 100 species of turtles and tortoises from the rarest and most endangered species abroad and walk through greenhouse, deserts, and full size aquarium and ponds to facilitate a hopeful pioneer example of how conservation ex-situ should be modeled after. Our international patrons are beyond excited to see such a massive growth and know that such a breeding facility will accommodate little offspring to be returned to the wild.

This is a dream come true. A resort of life that will hopefully inspire many that come to visit. Of course it won't be open for at least 5 years or so. But forum members and friends can visit whenever.

Stay turtley my friends. Look for updates on progress of the property.
This is amazing news Kelly, very exciting. Loving that electrical solar idea. You will have to explain that in detail some day. As for you/helpers and torts, I hope it all goes to plan for you.
Stress, huh, laughing it off is correct. Getting high rate is fuel for stress.
I'm hoping I can come over there and visit one day, sounds perfect. Mmmm well almost. Is there going to be an on site bar? :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
moving huh? Guess the man finally caight up with you. congratulations are in order still