The Goof Ball

M

Maggie Cummings

He's my favorite and only male 3-toed box turtle. About 3 weeks ago I put him outside with his female side kick and I noticed how light he felt in comparison to her. So I got to looking at him and he was all skin and bones. So I started feeding him lots of veggies, worms and Mazuri daily, and he ate it all. He's always been really outgoing and likes to visit with me thru the glass and enjoys being held. Anyhow, so he's been eating everyday and been active and I thought everything was gonna be alright. I took him out just now to take some pictures of him andIMG_2666.JPG IMG_2667.JPG IMG_2668.JPG IMG_2671.JPG IMG_2669.JPG IMG_2670.JPG to tell you he didn't eat today, after eating a big slug yesterday. And damned if he didn't die while I was taking the pictures. I am simply broken hearted. I love all my animals, but this guy was very special. It's just horrid.

Flipper

Location (City and/or State)
MO, USA
OMG! What a sad story :( I'm sorry you lost your friend :cry:

:bighug:

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I am so sorry for your loss. It really does seem like he wanted to be in your presence before he passed on.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Omgosh. I'm sorry Maggie :(

Elohi(Earth)

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
I am so sorry, sweetie. Like everyone else, it sounds like he had a wonderful couple of weeks of special foods and extra attention... perhaps all that was left for him, was to spend some time with his favorite human. My thoughts are with you.

yillt

He was beautiful. I'm sure he enjoyed his life especially since it was with you. A short happy life is always better than a long dark dreadful life.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Sorry to hear that Maggie, even three weeks of special care can not revise the outcome. Thank you for share this sad story but also serve as a close reminder to watch our torts closely.