beaker finally got a beak trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelub

5 Year Member
I know this post is useless without pictures but I had to post up. I've been trying to get a decent picture of his trim but he's not cooperating right now. When I do I'll post up before and after pictures. The vet clipped a little too much off one side and it bled a little, but he's all better, no worse for wear. We could tell getting so much clipped off really threw him off on his ability to eat. I'm guessing he's been dealing with a severely overgrown beak for so long he became accustomed to working with it. Now that its how it is supposed to be he had a hard time adjusting!

When I took him into the vet, she was very surprised at how well we were caring for Beaker. I gotta say a big part of that is due to all the great people here and all the wonderful advice I've been given on how to properly care for a 3 toe boxie!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
When I took him into the vet, she was very surprised at how well we were caring for Beaker. I gotta say a big part of that is due to all the great people here and all the wonderful advice I've been given on how to properly care for a 3 toe boxie!

It's because of the time and effort you have put into his care that he is doing so well too. He will adjust to his new short beak and will probably feel so much better. Great work. Try to get a picture up.

thelub

5 Year Member
Finally got pictures, lol
IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5784.JPG

2013-02-27%2021.09.20.jpg

and here he is buried
IMG_5837.JPG

IMG_5838.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.