Status
Not open for further replies.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lititz, PA
A new resource on filtration, from theTurtleRoom.com. We brought in an outside guest, with degrees in mechanical engineering and a career spent in filtration to discuss the complete path to executing quality filtration in your habitats. Follow the link below to read Pete's article:

http://trtlrm.com/TS5OXU

(Note: not sure if this actually qualifies as personal promotion. If it does, please move it. I realize this account does not yet have 100+ posts, but one of our breeders, Benjamin, has well beyond that.)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
good read. I built my own filter for my turtles it's easy to make and cheaper. I do more then 2x tho I have 300gph pump running on my 40 gallon which is 9x but the actual flow rate isn't that high. It's cool seeing all the different styles people have created, the article explain a lot of the components that go into a filter and anyone from fish owners to tuetle owners can learn from this article. It's funny my friend use work with a company bio solutions and they did huge filters for waste for malls and such, anyways e says the filters we run on our tanks are the same just smaller scale,

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
I run about 4x here. We tried to mention the minimum recommended requirements in the article.

Thanks for the compliments. Glad you enjoyed it. We really hope it helps keepers do more than just use filtration, but understand filtration.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Oh yeah I like the water changes as being part of folteration it's important as well

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Good read, this is exactly why I will never leave Florida, year round warm temps and outside ponds are way easier. That was really easy to understand, good job!

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Gerards said:
Good read, this is exactly why I will never leave Florida, year round warm temps and outside ponds are way easier. That was really easy to understand, good job!

Haha. Yeah, there are some benefits to being in a place like Florida!

Thanks for the complements!

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Good deal, waaay too many people underestimate the importance of quality filtration. In tanks ive had, I shoot for 3-5X.

Status
Not open for further replies.