TFO is different

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Thank you for the excellent explanation. I’m not sure why, but I don’t have a 3 line menu and can’t find anything that says install app. ?
I don't know anything about an I-pad, so don't know what else to try. You did try under the "what's new" and "members"? Those headings are what is in my 3 line menu.

It's possible that it only works on Android so far. Josh could still be working on iOS.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
There is no app. There have been recent updates to the style and theme. These updates are definitely improving the mobile and tablet versions as well as the desktop version of the site. We did add a dark mode. If you're still having issues with notifications or something else, please let me know so I can keep ironing out the problems.

As always, thank you to our Tort Club members that make it possible to keep the site updated

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you go down to the bottom of the Home Page and look for "style chooser" you will see a variety of different styles you can choose from. If you choose "Tortoise Forum 2.1" you will have the location and join date back under the avatar of each poster.

@maggie3fan @Josh @Maro2Bear

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
If you go down to the bottom of the Home Page and look for "style chooser" you will see a variety of different styles you can choose from. If you choose "Tortoise Forum 2.1" you will have the location and join date back under the avatar of each poster.

@maggie3fan @Josh @Maro2Bear
It must be different based on how you’re viewing the website (desktop vs phone vs tablet and iOS vs android), because I don’t know an option of “Tortoise Forum 2.1” when I go to the style chooser on my iPad. I did go through the various styles last night and again this morning and none of them being the location and join date back.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It must be different based on how you’re viewing the website (desktop vs phone vs tablet and iOS vs android), because I don’t know an option of “Tortoise Forum 2.1” when I go to the style chooser on my iPad. I did go through the various styles last night and again this morning and none of them being the location and join date back.
I don't have many options when I'm using my Kindle either. But from the computer I can choose Tortoise Forum 2.1

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Unfortunately what yvonne posted is inaccurate. There will be two options, light or dark. That's all.
Thanks for the clarification. I see the location is viewable again without having to look at the profile. Thank you for bringing that back! I love dark mode too, by the way. Thanks for all you do to make this an ever evolving and great place. Your hard work is appreciated!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Unfortunately what yvonne posted is inaccurate. There will be two options, light or dark. That's all.
Are you saying that is to come? Because I DO have more options from my computer right now.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thank you for the excellent explanation. I’m not sure why, but I don’t have a 3 line menu and can’t find anything that says install app. ?
Mine is at the left at the top on like a task bar. In the drop down it had TFO app. It didn't say install until I touched it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There is no app. There have been recent updates to the style and theme. These updates are definitely improving the mobile and tablet versions as well as the desktop version of the site. We did add a dark mode. If you're still having issues with notifications or something else, please let me know so I can keep ironing out the problems.

As always, thank you to our Tort Club members that make it possible to keep the site updated
Yes what I installed didn't take a bunch of storage like other apps do. I would have just uninstalled it and go through my email as usual if it had.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'm sure we're just talking about a difference of words, but there should be nothing to install. If you want to post some screenshots of what you're meaning, I can help troubleshoot

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm sure we're just talking about a difference of words, but there should be nothing to install. If you want to post some screenshots of what you're meaning, I can help troubleshoot
It's not in my menu anymore it's on my home screen as an icon. It's not even a problem but it did say app. I just need to learn how to close out without pushing the back button 50 times. With the icon it's just a bit different than going through my email is. I'll figure it out.?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

Chrome on Android or PC, theres an option under menu at top right "Install Tortoise Forum". Maybe PWA functionality was part of the mobile updates?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ok. If I'm going through my email or the icon I don't have a way to get out of TFO. Even if I log out I can't without pushing the back button 50 times. Maybe I talk to much ? I now have to touch the home button and that takes me back to my home screen. It's ok ? I'm still gonna talk.