Elongated Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearldiver

5 Year Member
I just got a pair of elongated tortoise and the one who sold me the tortoise told me that they are male and female. Maybe some of you guys can confirm this, because the way I see it they are both females. Turtle " A " could be male, but the under belly is not so concaved shape. The carapace of the tortoise are 7 to 7.5 inches. Another thing I have noticed is that tortoise A is very aggressive. Sometimes he will ram his shell on my hand while being hand fed.

tortoise1.jpg

Tortoise A is more elongted while Tortoise B is more rounded.

tortoise2.jpg

tortoise3.jpg

Not very concave...and much thicker than tortoise B.

tortoise4.jpg

Not concave...and a little thinner the tortoise A.

tortoise5.jpg

The tail is a lot fatter but not very long than tortoise "B"s tail.

tortoise6.jpg

The tail is short and a little thinner.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Hi! Welcome to the forum. Just wanted to say those are some pretty torts. Thanks for sharing--I've never seen a photo of this species before. Hopefully someone will come along soon to answer your question. :) Best wishes.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Very nice Elongated tortoises :D, you do though have 2 females. Females can be just as aggressive as the males when it comes to Elongateds.

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Sorry you didn't get the pair you expected hopefully the person who sold it to you will make it good. But they are beautiful torts. Thanks for sharing with us and welcome to the forum.

pearldiver

5 Year Member
They are very fun to watch. I get to hand feed them :cool: Anyway, I'll just get a male if I get to see one sale :)

Status
Not open for further replies.