TF Posters/Flyers

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Nice job , I would agree with "less is better" that way they need to come to the website to see what we are about . :tort:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I did a design too but didn't post it in case of copywrite issues I'll see if I can upload it

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The only way I could find to do it was by screen shot, so its not great but gives you an idea.....
upload_2015-8-31_17-54-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-31_17-51-9.png
    upload_2015-8-31_17-51-9.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 3

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Lancashire, UK
search for the 'snipping tool' you can capture the page and save it as an image (y)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
search for the 'snipping tool' you can capture the page and save it as an image (y)
Thanks will do, I'm using the old office version and for some reason when I tried to upload from docs it wouldn't let me will try that.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
No more feedback on the flyer huh?

View attachment 145916
Sorry Heather I didn't get any alerts about more postings here after I asked if Josh had said anything.
I've only just seen it in the other thread.
That's the sort of thing I was thinking of but maybe less wordy and more basic to reach the people who have just got their first torts world wide.
Hopefully a combination of both our designs would be acceptable to Josh.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I thought it was confusing having two threads, so I've merged them together. I hope that's ok with the two of the OP's.

Oh ya, I don't care. The original one was overlooked and everyone I asked privately said they couldn't find it. So I started a new one simply because of that. Funny, even Lyn W said she didn't get the thread updates. Regardless, as long as people who were interested in it can now see it, that's all that matters ;)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The only way I could find to do it was by screen shot, so its not great but gives you an idea.....
View attachment 146188

As for copyright concerns. I'd only use text and images you created or directly quoted from the site. I personally would recommend against using any other tortoise images from Google.
Others might not be concerned about it. That's my opinion.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So,we can hopefully get this going, I'm going to send another alert to @Josh please give the yay or nay on the flyers and if there is a spot they could be stickies, that we could copy them from?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
As for copyright concerns. I'd only use text and images you created or directly quoted from the site. I personally would recommend against using any other tortoise images from Google.
Others might not be concerned about it. That's my opinion.

I was more concerned about using TF images until Josh responded one way or another after David mentioned copywrite. But you're right of course - the little pics are from clip art so don't know if they can be used for publicity. Just did it in a rush soon after I suggested it to show sort of thing I was thinking of - could have used real tort pics I suppose.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Josh didn't oppose to my business cards in the past. As TFO cards they only contained TFO images. That's why I didn't mind putting his banner on this new page and using his text. But I hear where you are coming from.

I don't think I have his cell number anymore...LOL. If I did, maybe I'd just call him and ask. Ha!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Here is one flyer, section text removed and just the 2 paragraphs with the website. Personally, it's not my fav. That's ok...I'm just saying..
Screenshot_2015-08-31-15-41-22.png

Maybe if I played around with font and spacing more... But I really didn't have much time today.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Here is a second flyer. Some tweaks to the first. My personal favorite even though it might just be to me..lol.. If I was going to pin up a flyer, I'd choose this one. And so I probably will..
Screenshot_2015-08-31-15-41-32.png