TF Posters/Flyers

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I was reading a thread the other day and people were saying they tell their vets and other people they know with torts about the Forum. So I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to design a TF poster/flyer that we could access here, print off ourselves at home, and then ask for them to be displayed in our vets or pet shops or even car rear windows to make tort owners aware.

I don't know if this already exists or has been tried but it seems to me to be a good way to point people in the right direction.

What do your think?

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread please feel free to move it if it is.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
josh is the owner andhe would own any copyright for it all you have to do is talk to him as long as you ok sit there would be fine. if he's the owner and he owns all copyright trademark and stuff like that

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
josh is the owner andhe would own any copyright for it all you have to do is talk to him as long as you ok sit there would be fine. if he's the owner and he owns all copyright trademark and stuff like that
Of course - hopefully he could even design it and then put it somewhere we could print.
It would just need the Logo, a short snappy description and the website details. I'd be happy to visit as many vets and pet shops as possible.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Love this idea. Even if @Josh could give someone the okay to design it, Josh then approves it and put a link or something of it onto the forum for it to be printed off.
I like the idea of both stickers, the nice car kind that easily peels off and flyers.
The flyers would be nice to drop off at all the reptile shows members visit.
Great idea. Keep on it. A lot of times good ideas, just get passed over. Keep up on this one and see if it can get done.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A while back Josh gave me a bunch of Forum business cards. I've passed them all out and requested more, but he says he's all out of them. I like the flier idea.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
A while back Josh gave me a bunch of Forum business cards. I've passed them all out and requested more, but he says he's all out of them. I like the flier idea.
Once a design is available there would be no cost to the forum for printing etc. and when they run out we just print some more.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A nice idea. Hope it can be put into practice.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are they still available?That would be fine for the bumper stickers.
Maybe the print off at home flyers could just briefly say something about the important areas covered here too e.g. bullet points etc
Those were on another website. As far as I know,they are available. I was going to report it to Josh, as it thought maybe someone was infringing. However, when I clicked on it, it said something about it being designed or something like that by the forum.
I like your idea better with the flyers. A bumper sticker, like the ones that are made out of a type of plastic, so it peels off cars easily, without leaving the paper backing behind would be better too, as more people wouldn't mind putting them on their cars. I like the fact too about printing them ourselves, then we could print as many as we needed. Even if he had to charge a small amount for us to do it wouldn't be bad.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Has Josh mentioned whether he thinks this would work or not to anyone?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Great idea, Lyn.
And if we could get permission to translate it into other languages.
Let's keep this idea going.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I passed out all my TFO business cards too! They went like hot cakes!

I designed my own TFO business card before Josh sent me the "official" ones.. He didn't mind then when I told him about it.

I would volunteer to design a flyer. If Josh says ok and you all like it, I'll make it available.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I used to run ads on craigslist. I used professionally worded text with a few of our member's photos (watermarked with the username). They ran for a while with no problem. Then one day, they were all flagged and removed. I was never successful in reposting them, either. I tried to change the text, change the photos, advertised in different locations..But after that first time, they were always removed within the hour. So I gave up.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Here is a sample TFO flyer.

I wanted the flyer to resemble the site with the logo and it's colors. I also used Josh's text from the forum's homepage.

What do you guys think?

well done you :)

from a rookies point of view... I'd maybe brake down species, make common ones an eye catcher? my thought is, 'oh i've got a hermanns'..

great job though! hope it gets the go ahead:)